Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi gentlemen,
Mai I propose identification of a little known italian trainer of WWII?
carson1934

Attachments

• img3501003[1].jpg
    img3501003[1].jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 83
Hmmm, picture this little scene. Somewhere in Germany Claude Dornier looks at the above drawing in an aviation magazine and chuckles loudly at the comical design before him. Then he pauses, fingers his chin thoughfully and says' Hmmmm, I wonder......?'

:D
Yeah, could have been.....but the "Pfeil" certainly looked nicer!
carson1934

Congratulations Graeme it took you only 20' to guess what it was...I told you it wasn't difficult.....:) :)

Maybe you could help me with something else:
I'm experiencing difficulties in transmitting images from Internet to the forum via Photobucket.
Do you suggest I should use imageshack? Could you shortly describe a step by step procedure?:) [-o< [-o<
Thanks for your time and patience
carson1934

I'm experiencing difficulties in transmitting images from Internet to the forum via Photobucket.
Do you suggest I should use imageshack? Could you shortly describe a step by

G'day Carson. Where I am the internet is VERY slow and as a result when trying to upload an image via the Forum I usually found myself "logged out" before it was completed. One solution is Photobucket or Imageshack where you can wait while uploading, then cut, then log onto the Forum and paste. It also provides a useful "upload indicator" to tell you how well the upload is progressing. I tried Photobucket a few times but just found Imageshack easier. Having said that I have noticed Imageshack images do tend to disappear from the forum, I've no idea why.

I first downloaded Mozilla Firefox and then Imageshack toolbar...

ImageShack® - Tstart

"Extension" allows you to click right and upload to Imageshack (very useful)...

ImageShack® - Extension

Should look like this. The upload "button" is the holy grail to the system...

Good luck and let us know how it went!

And of course, a new one...

G'day Carson. Where I am the internet is VERY slow and as a result when trying to upload an image via the Forum I usually found myself "logged out" before it was completed. One solution is Photobucket or Imageshack where you can wait while uploading, then cut, then log onto the Forum and paste. It also provides a useful "upload indicator" to tell you how well the upload is progressing. I tried Photobucket a few times but just found Imageshack easier. Having said that I have noticed Imageshack images do tend to disappear from the forum, I've no idea why.

I first downloaded Mozilla Firefox and then Imageshack toolbar...

ImageShack® - Tstart

"Extension" allows you to click right and upload to Imageshack (very useful)...

ImageShack® - Extension

Should look like this. The upload "button" is the holy grail to the system...

Good luck and let us know how it went!

And of course, a new one...

Thanks very very much Graeme I knew I could rely on you
I'll try tomorrow to download image shack (now its getting rather late and the missus is calling up for dinner!) and of course I'll let you know.
Concerning your image it looks a little bit....dilapidated!
Cheers
carson:D :D :D

Hi Graeme, don't know what yours is but I'm going to have a good think, also, does anyone have any info about this project? It is a large twin hull flying boat that wears the fictional titles of 'Scottish Airways' and has a curious cockpit arrangement right in the middle of the wing all on its own. Any ideas guys?

ScotlandTwinHull-1.jpg

Is the one with the pranged nose a Halifax?

Yep. I forget the full story but it was a mid-air collision and surprisingly all the crew survived.

Any ideas guys?

Hi Wayne. In your possession or an image from the net? Contrarotating turboprops? So maybe early post WWII design but it looks kinda 1930's in concept, although Saunders Roe had some odd ideas for the future...

What British companies would have been capable of building such a plane early post-war? Shorts, Saunders Roe and maybe even Blackburn? Interesting.

Edit: Clutching at straws now. Did Supermarine give up the "dream" of flying boats after the War?

I think I saw something like that in either Popular Mechanics or Mechanics Illustrated. If it is the same plane, the center "cockpit" was actually an observation deck.

But I do not remember it being a flying boat.

I found the picture while looking through my pics on my pc but I cannot rtemember ever seeing it before so I don't know where it came from. Somewhere on the net is the likely answer but I would usually save some information with it too if I have done that but all I have is this image that is labelled 'Scotland Twin Hull'. I agree with your estimate of its age Graeme, it looks more 1939 than 1945 if you know what I mean.

Supermarine did design a large post war flying boat but this project doesn't bear any obvious similarities with it or any other design that I am aware of, it really is a complete mystery to me.

I have just assumed the 'bubble' in the middle is the cockpit because I can't see any other evidence of one so it may not be

I think I saw something like that in either Popular Mechanics or Mechanics Illustrated. If it is the same plane, the center "cockpit" was actually an observation deck.

But I do not remember it being a flying boat.

Yes, Viking, I agree: I also read something many years ago on Popular Mechanics
about this topic.
I'm investigating "Forked ghosts" and see what happens.
By the way, out of curiosity, why is a pic of the Valmet VL "Humu" available into your post?
carson1934

Users who are viewing this thread

Back