Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is there someone who is an old member of the forum and wants to answer this?
At page 55 I noticed picture of an aircraft(attached) under post#815 challenged on 12-19-2006 by Flyboy.
I have gone thru many of the following pages but couldn't find a guess (maybe I overlooked it).
What bird is it?
carson1934

Attachments

• rename.jpg
    rename.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 107
Is there someone who is an old member of the forum and wants to answer this?
At page 55 I noticed picture of an aircraft(attached) under post#815 challenged on 12-19-2006 by Flyboy.
I have gone thru many of the following pages but couldn't find a guess (maybe I overlooked it).
What bird is it?
carson1934

It was answered Carson, but "Blackwolf3945" postings have disappeared.

Originally Posted by BlackWolf3945 View Post
FLYBOYJ's latest is the Kinner 'P'...
Fade to Black...

The Kinner P Sportster

Carson, is that the mock up for the Blackburn B.103, which later became the Hawker Siddeley Buccaneer? The pic is very small so I can't see it too well I'm afraid.

North American F-107A.
Cheers

Nicely done!

The pic is very small so I can't see it too well I'm afraid.

Wayne it's a "thumbnail". Click left on the image and it brings you to the ImageShack host which shows you the larger version...

Let me try again...carson1934

Canadian? The long nosed Canadair CL-41R Radar Trainer?...However the cockpit looks wrong and why would it be such a poor quality photo?

Thanks Graeme. It still looks like the Blackburn design mock up to me, before the implementation of area rule on the design.

Thanks Graeme. It still looks like the Blackburn design mock up to me, before the implementation of area rule on the design.

Sorry Waynos it is no Blackburn this was supposed to be a french bird SNCAC NC-271/02 which, though in advanced production stage, never flew.
The french planned a large bomber SNCAC-270 which never materialized and the NC-271/02 was supposed to be its reduced scale prototype.
So two miscarriages one after the other.
Prototypes.com/Le Sud-Ouest SO-4000/III. Les maquettes NC-271 SO M-1/2
carson1934

Thanks Carson. I have heard of that one before but never thought of it, there was a flying 'model' of it which I remember seeing mounted Mistel fashion on the back of a Languedoc.

edit, just followed your link and there it is. oops :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back