Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

On second thought it looks to me like a Dewoitine D-31 without fairings over the wheels of landing gear...:?:
carson1934

Sorry Carson, I've been a little preoccupied lately. Yes, it's a French Dewoitine, but a later model than the D-31. This is a colonial multi-role prototype of 1932. The original wheel spats are missing and ended up becoming a ministerial transport re-engined with Clerget 9Ts, as seen in the photo.

Sorry Carson, I've been a little preoccupied lately. Yes, it's a French Dewoitine, but a later model than the D-31. This is a colonial multi-role prototype of 1932. The original wheel spats are missing and ended up becoming a ministerial transport re-engined with Clerget 9Ts, as seen in the photo.

Hello Graeme,
I hope your worries are over, mind you there are plenty of them for everybody!
So I didn't go so far away in guessing the Dewoitine and thanks for the interesting comments. I understand this particular bird has no official number.
To tell you the truth I was debating between a Fokker F-XII and a Dewoitine but I opted for the latter in the end....
Ciao
carson1934:):):)

So I didn't go so far away in guessing the Dewoitine and thanks for the interesting comments. I understand this particular bird has no official number.

Evening Ciao. Maybe I confused you. It is a Dewotine, but not the D-31 and it does have a designation, I just thought that you were going to investigate further. It's the Dewoitine D.430...

Shall we try again? Notice that I have a love for French aircraft :)...

Evening Ciao. Maybe I confused you. It is a Dewotine, but not the D-31 and it does have a designation, I just thought that you were going to investigate further. It's the Dewoitine D.430...

Shall we try again? Notice that I have a love for French aircraft :)...

It looks pretty much like a Loire...but I don't think it is...this is as far as I can go
carson1934

Before I go for the day may I submit the attached "easy" £-v challenge?
carson1934

Attachments

• unknown 3v.jpg
    unknown 3v.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 111
Well done mate! Nice to have you on board! I must admit though, there appears little to distinguish between them...

Sorry guys I disagree it must be a Bernard H/110; according to my picture (see aviafrance) H/52 has four funny devices sticking out from the wing inside edge (we call it "intradosso" in italian and i don't know the English translation) which are apparently lacking from the submitted picture
carson1934

Sorry guys I disagree it must be a Bernard H/110; according to my picture (see aviafrance) H/52 has four funny devices sticking out from the wing inside edge (we call it "intradosso" in italian and i don't know the English translation) which are apparently lacking from the submitted picture
carson1934

Hmm, do you mean these BTW?
yur6231482.png

But also the shape of the engine cowling seems a bit different to me from one and the other plane and made me choose the H-52...

Hmm, do you mean these BTW?
yur6231482.png

But also the shape of the engine cowling seems a bit different to me from one and the other plane and made me choose the H-52...

Yeah Marcogrifo that's exactly what I mean and these BTW are utterly invisible on Graeme's original picture therefore I still hold my opinion unless someone is able to read the actual name on the vertical fin as it is normal with french planes......in this case "UBI MAIOR MINOR CESSAT"
carson1934:confused::confused::confused:

Carson, have you been at the beer? That IS the picture posted by Graeme :D Definitely the H.52 as the blisters on the cowling are further forward on the H.110 and the fin root is a different shape and the fin's ribbed structure which is clearly visible on that model is absent here

Bernard H.110
bernardh110-2.jpg

Here's one that is a bit different as its not so old. But is it easy or hard?

rrrr.jpg

Last edited:
Carson, have you been at the beer? That IS the picture posted by Graeme :D Definitely the H.52 as the blisters on the cowling are further forward on the H.110 and the fin root is a different shape and the fin's ribbed structure which is clearly visible on that model is absent here

Bernard H.110
bernardh110-2.jpg

Here's one that is a bit different as its not so old. But is it easy or hard?

rrrr.jpg

Hi Waynos,
I must admit I was wrong and I congratulate for your excellent eyesight (maybe when you are 75 as I am your sight might just not be so good).
As to your very polite remark whether I have been at the beer I wish to point out that as a good italian I do not drink beer but wine (which is excellent in my region)
regards
carson1934

Users who are viewing this thread

Back