Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mystplane6.jpg

The English Electric P.5 Kingston.

Nice job with the THK-13 by the way. I was scouring through Russian types.

I'll raise you another flying-boat...

Excellent job.

Wish it was due to superior knowledge, but I was looking at Norton and just happened to stumble across it.

Last edited:
I think I got myself with this one as well VB. It's the English Electric Ayr. The 'clever' stub wings appear to be its undoing, digging into the sea and as a result never flew. I can't find any illustrations on the net.

English Electric Ayr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(It was also designed to carry bombs on the lower wings but these would have been under water at take-off)
Ah, got me too, I was thinking about some Supermarine early model...:rolleyes:

OK, can you identify this?
unknown.png

Cheers

Last edited:
G'day Marcogrifo. Beautiful aeroplane. The Spartan Cruiser II, registration YI-AAA of Iraqi Airways.

Spartans

New one...

I dunno what's this plane on stilts but in spite of the heat I find the courage to submit a new challenge before I melt down (today's temperature here 30° and over)
carson1934

Attachments

• unknown XXX.jpg
    unknown XXX.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 104
I think I got myself with this one as well VB. It's the English Electric Ayr. The 'clever' stub wings appear to be its undoing, digging into the sea and as a result never flew. I can't find any illustrations on the net.

English Electric Ayr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(It was also designed to carry bombs on the lower wings but these would have been under water at take-off)

Hi Graeme,
that was a tricky one...I didn't go to sleep till 2AM to find out what it might have been....I too was thinking about some kind of Supermarine flying boat....anyway it is an interesting item even if it refused to fly
carson1934:o:o:eek:

I dunno what's this plane on stilts but in spite of the heat I find the courage to submit a new challenge before I melt down (today's temperature here 30° and over)
carson1934

46 degrees here last summer carson!

Your photo is the Gourdou-Leseurre GL-832 HY

Graeme, Thanks for the wonderful Spartan link. I didn't know much about the "Clipper" at all. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back