Aircraft Identification V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes very easy it's The Phoenix!!Different part of a Fairchild C-82!

What about this plane:

consol10.jpg

Brilliant, Wildcat!Often the little differences (Avro/GAF) make the difference...got me beat on that one....

Storch.......Amiot 110S?

Half a point each for thunderbolt (for being faster) and for wildcat (for being exact). I should have known better than using an australian type. :D

I thought that was a Lincoln!

Wildcat, was there a noticable difference between the GAF built machines and their Avro counterparts? No.75 (NZ) sqn. also used Mk.31s in the RAF, but I think the nose was a bit different (?) - especialy round the nose turret.

I thought that was a Lincoln!

Wildcat, was there a noticable difference between the GAF built machines and their Avro counterparts? No.75 (NZ) sqn. also used Mk.31s in the RAF, but I think the nose was a bit different (?) - especialy round the nose turret.

I'm no expert on the Lincoln, but would assume 75 sqn would have used either the Lincoln I or II model. The Mk 30 was the variant produced in Australia which I believe was similar to the British version bar a few interior modifications. The Mk31 was a unique Australian model being a Mk30 modified with an extra 6 feet added to the nose to house ASW equipment and its operator.

Ah, THAT's why it looked strange then, Wildcat, thanks!
I'm no expert on the Lincoln either, but as I'm (painfully slowly) building the aircraftof the RNZAF/ RAF NZ sqn's in 1:72, I'll have to tackle this one at some stage.

That right Graeme, it was the Nikol A-2.

For your..... ...... I haven't got idea!

May be Convair?

Can't be that hard: Big fuselage, probably used as a trainer for wiring operators and since it's from Graeme, it's probably Australian :lol:

Two more clues which should provide the identity. First one is the man above standing on the left in the interior shot is Lord Brabazon and the second is this leading edge shot...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back