Airfix 1/24 scale Bf109E.....or a bed of thorns

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice work again Proffesor ! I remember looking at that pipe (the oil re-circulating system), and thinking 'Wow! That's way over scale!' I was going to replace it, but as mine is belly landed, with a crushed cowling, I left it, and have the oil cooler dislodged. In most photos I've seen, the pipe has been either bare metal, or RLM 02.

Yep..you are right Terry. What is more there should be a soft joint with two metal bands in front of the pipe.In other words it should be divided into two parts.

Thank you all.:)

Yes Terry the OOB build doesn't need a such accuracy. I have a booklet of Kagero Topshots series with pics of most details at almost all areas of Bf109E.

Here the model armament.Mostly these MG/FF and fuselage MGs look nice.However one of MG/FF cannons and MGs had their barrels bended.I have made them straight , removed mould seams and drilled barrels. Later these were painted with matt black and silver wash.

Attachments

• mgff1.jpg
    mgff1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 332
  • mgff1a.jpg
    mgff1a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 349
  • mgff2.jpg
    mgff2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 335
  • mgff2a.jpg
    mgff2a.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 340
  • mgff3.jpg
    mgff3.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
And shots of MGs....

Attachments

• mg1b1.jpg
    mg1b1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 309
  • mg1b.jpg
    mg1b.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 303
  • mg1a.jpg
    mg1a.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 322
  • mg1.jpg
    mg1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 310
The engine mount...as you can notice small overflows appeared at their edges.I have sanded all of them down.Later both parts were airbrushed with RLM02.

Attachments

• em1.jpg
    em1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 305
  • em2.jpg
    em2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 307
  • em2a.jpg
    em2a.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 307
doing a great job mate keep up the good work .bb

Users who are viewing this thread