Body Art ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I wonder if anyone has a Gary Glitter tattoo from years back? That would be the biggest kicker of all time, and the best reason never to do it...

I have the 2 dragons, Horse, barbed wire heart, then a band on my left upper arm and my name in tribal in a circle in a torquoised blue, its cooler than it sounds. lol. NOW I really want the Sun card from the dragon tarot done on my upper right arm in a quarter sleeve. I'd say I was done then, BUT, ya know...

I'm going for an appointment this week to get Dr. Satan from House of 1000 Corpses over my right shoulder.

I'm going for an appointment this week to get Dr. Satan from House of 1000 Corpses over my right shoulder.

What is that - Dr Satan?

I have a Celtic Cross on my right upper arm, and thinking about what's going to go on my left.

It's a movie character.

Drsatanhouse.jpg

I just got my tattoo finished today. I'm super happy how it turned out. Even though I'm sure most of you know, its nose art from the Liberty Belle. An amazing B-17 that I got a chance to ride in last summer.

The one item I keep reading throughout this thread is THINK first then some more before you get a tattoo. Damn good advice. My youngest stepson had talked about it for several months but kept changing his mind on what to get. In the mean time he starts dating a girl (read: getting his first two party sex) and decides to get her name tattoo'd on his neck just below his ear in 1 inch square Chinese letters. Now here's some more info...The boy wanted to be a business executive...when is the last time you saw a CEO or CFO with a Chinese tattoo on his neck? Then he decided he was going into the USMC. The recruiter told him "sorry pal but no tattoos like that are allowed because it's too visible" Now he's really kicking himself in the ass for being so dumb. And besides, the chick dumped him two months later! But there is some good news.. they now have a way of getting rid of tattoos by means of a short series of injections. It dissolves the tattoo painlessly. It takes a few months but the results are pretty impressive. My stepsons is completely gone. Unfortunately it cost almost twice as much as the tattoo did. THE MORAL OF THE STORY ? Think real hard before , not after you get a tattoo. I still haven't decided what I want to get, unfortunately I've been saying that for 25 years! Is that whimpy or what? :rolleyes:

As long as you put them in places that can be covered, you're all good. No one is the wiser about my tattooes - unless I want them to know about 'em.

I never get a tattoo unless I think about for a very long time. I have 6 of them now and am ready for my 7th. They are all in covered places though so that the only people that can see them are the people that I want to see them.

Got the first (and only) tattoo about four years ago on my calf, and I'm proud of what it stands for, a tribute to my father, a rifleman in the 90th Infantry Division, the Tough 'Ombres. More days in combat (308 days) than any other infantry division in the ETO.

Bronze Invasion Arrowhead (second wave, Utah Beach), five battle stars (Normandy, Northern France, Central Europe, Ardennes (Battle of the Bulge), Rhineland. Throw in a CIB, Bronze Star and a Purple Heart; that's why I wear shorts whenever I can.

Attachments

• DSCN3328.JPG
    DSCN3328.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 200
Guys, i will always respect everybody´s hobbies and interests...surely some of my own could be of no interest at all to some people while of course i can find people who enjoy the same things i do.

With regard to tattoos, it is clear they are not for me, and would never dare doing something like putting ink underneath my skin, but i understand and respect -again- the fact so many people are attracted to them.

But now allow me to make fun on something that shows TV makers are really really running out of topics, or who knows, they probably ran out of topics and are now trying to make a program on whatever silly aspect of the life of human beings...have you seen a People Arts program focused on some tattoo shop?

I am sure people who do not care for tattoos -like me- are out of the question so i´d ask this to the people who do like tattoos and/or have tattoos...do you really care at all about the reasons some barely literate dude or tramp might have in order to go to some tattoo shop and have one especifically designed for them? Is it relevant or enlightening to hear all those arguments both the tattoo designers and their clients exchange in order to put tattoos?

Is it possible that by watching such program a people that is attracted to tattoos can find some help in making a tattoo choice?

It is 100% ridiculous; i just watched this program for the first time a week ago or so, and could not believe what i was watching and hearing.

Again, i have no issues with tattoos, some of my closest friends have one or two as well; also from time to time -very rare though- i can see some tattoo with a design a find interesting or unique, but the majority of tattoos i see are either irrelevant or plain ugly.

Also i wonder if most of the people who have tattoos do consider the fact that as time passes, one grows old, and most of the times -majority of cases- growing old means the skin wrinkles and even worse, the skin can commence a "hanging" process.

Or what about becoming fat as you grow old, and ideals and lifestyle of youth go astray? What will happen to tattoos that are located in body parts where fat deposits increase their volume?

I have met sooo many people currently in their 40s, 50s, that can show you a photo when they wer 20 and even early-mid 30s, and were thin and in some cases fit. They sigh when their eyes move from the photo to the bulky bellies they have today.

People like me, in their early 20s, can certainly have a good time in proudly displaying tattoos...while you are thin and even very fit...but wait for another 2 or 3 decades to pass by your window and you can be sure the sight isn´t likely to be nice at all.

Do you think of this?

Well Udet as for the TV shows. I dont watch them.

As for the illiterate people getting tattoos?
90 percent of people with tattoos are well educated people...

I dont care what it will look like when I am 90 (god willing I live that long) and I will not regret it.

I think about things like this and I can honestly say no. Because:

a. I live for now. You never know when your last day alive will be.

b. I look at it as artwork and it is living art to me.

Well Udet as for the TV shows. I dont watch them.

As for the illiterate people getting tattoos?
90 percent of people with tattoos are well educated people...

I dont care what it will look like when I am 90 (god willing I live that long) and I will not regret it.

I think about things like this and I can honestly say no. Because:

a. I live for now. You never know when your last day alive will be.

b. I look at it as artwork and it is living art to me.

Tattoos have nothing to do w/ a lack of ability to read and write.
Rock on Adler. I like tattoos. For me, I will only get one more... but to each his own. I certainly won't give a damn what I look like in a couple decades. I'm not too concerned with what others think about me now, and I doubt that will change.

Tattoos have nothing to do w/ a lack of ability to read and write.

Yeap thats what Im saying.

mkloby said:
Rock on Adler. I like tattoos. For me, I will only get one more... but to each his own. I certainly won't give a damn what I look like in a couple decades. I'm not too concerned with what others think about me now, and I doubt that will change.

Exactly same here brother!

Adler, i understand.

Well, i did not mean all -nor majority- of people who get tattoos are barely literate for sure; the comment was rather based on the few minutes i watched of that people arts show...the guy requesting a tattoo spoke like beavis and butthead.

Sure you can not know for how long you will be on earth, but if for some weird reason i´d decide to have a tattoo i would certainly consider the possibility my body might not necessarily look as it does today in the long run. Who knows.

Also it is easy to understand a tattoo must have some sort of special meaning to the person, but i´d also consider one´s mind can change, and people who are beyond their 40s or 50s and further might agree with me: with regard to some aspects of life, you do not like certain things or no longer believe in things you did when you were in your late teens or 20s.

The most basic example of this -radical though- would be the case of someone who has the name of his girlfriend or wife tattoed on the chest or back...then the relationship breaks up or she dumps him and goes away with another man.

But as i said, if you like your tattos and are happy with them, and plan to have some more in the future, then it is a completely normal thing.

Sure you can not know for how long you will be on earth, but if for some weird reason i´d decide to have a tattoo i would certainly consider the possibility my body might not necessarily look as it does today in the long run. Who knows.

To me it does not matter. I dont think I will change that much anyhow.

Udet said:
Also it is easy to understand a tattoo must have some sort of special meaning to the person, but i´d also consider one´s mind can change, and people who are beyond their 40s or 50s and further might agree with me: with regard to some aspects of life, you do not like certain things or no longer believe in things you did when you were in your late teens or 20s.

I agree and all of my tattoos have special meaning to me.

Udet said:
The most basic example of this -radical though- would be the case of someone who has the name of his girlfriend or wife tattoed on the chest or back...then the relationship breaks up or she dumps him and goes away with another man.

Agreed adn I would never do that.

Im looking at hot rod pinstriping for around the neck area. Still weighing my design options up though.

Be very careful with tats on the neck. They can have lasting negative impacts professionally...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back