Box art.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The replay "not very" would be if there wasn't the riveting. :lol:
Do you mean to say that the real `109 doesn't have golf ball sized protruding rivets all over?
Another thing to observe is that the contours are all just "soft" as if they were based on a sketch rather than any real drawings.
The Israeli Starfix kit is better and that is saying a lot.

- Ivan.

Screenshot_20211023-140947_eBay.jpg

Here is another one. Why would you show your subject crashed?

View attachment 645807
Here is another one. Why would you show your subject crashed?

I still just find it totally wrong to be buying a model kit with "Joy Pack" on the box. I mean...we modellers are weird enough to begin with, right? Adding "Joy Pack" just adds a whole 'nuther level of oddness to further reduce that diminishing portion of the population that's willing to talk to us.

Last edited:
I still just find it totally wrong to be buying a model kit with "Joy Pack" on the box. I mean...we modellers are weird enough to begin with, right? Adding "Joy Pack" just adds a whole 'nuther level of oddness to further reduce that diminishing portion of the population that's willing to talk to us.
Fun Box? 😉😆😂
Btw, isn't AZ an Russian manufacturer, or do I remember wrong....could explain it. 🤨🤔

This is not my photograph but it is a very memorable model I built when I built decades ago.
One usually expects the featured aircraft to be performing some heroic deed.... as this one was not.
The other very memorable thing was that everything was moulded in red plastic.
I have thought about trying to find another one of these kits to keep for nostalgia until I think about how really BAD the kit actually was.

- Ivan.View attachment 568588
Aurora has issued several box-arts with this hideous model and some of them are even worse than the model itself:
936941-12192-39-pristine.jpg

You will find that all planes have number 4 + chevron, double antennae, and Spitfire Mk.I tails. But what the hell are they carrying under their wings? My best guess is: salted herrings. :laughing3:

Aurora has issued several box-arts with this hideous model and some of them are even worse than the model itself:
View attachment 645816
You will find that all planes have number 4 + chevron, double antennae, and Spitfire Mk.I tails. But what the hell are they carrying under their wings? My best guess is: salted herrings. :laughing3:

As long as it isn't surströmming, as that, would be a war crime! 🤢🤮😉😆😂

Screenshot_20211026-093902_eBay.jpg

Here's another one that has me scratching my head. I don't remember seeing a picture of an 88 nightfighter with a "jazz music" cannon just forward of the cockpit! Is this legit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back