Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got off work today and got back to Abingdon and found this flying around while I was filling up with gas.8) It's here for the Nascar Race this weekend.:rolleyes:
IMG_7491 legal resized 25.jpg

Thanks Dave.:oops: I really need to go further up the Creeper Trail where I haven't been yet. I really wish I had this camera 60 years ago so I could get the steam crossing it.:)

Last edited:
A nice shot, Aaron.
I can feel your straightforward impression toward the flying object.

A few weeks ago, I also witnessed half a dozen of vapor trails flying from the west to east.
Another half a dozen were flying from the east to west.

I thought the Chinese bombers came at last and our fighters were intercepting them.
It was a grand spectacle, so I took some photos as my last memory of life.
But, my digital camera of 10x taught me they were passenger jets!

Yet, it was a grand spectacle I had never seen.
May I post a couple of photos here?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 118.JPG
    118.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 92
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 90
WOW! Great shots again Aaron, I think you should sell calendars with your barns in it, that would be fantastic. You sure have a talent for getting that fungus to look photogenic. :D 8)

I took this Panaramic while out shooting the last set. Please let me know what you think. The shot looks out over a little valley known as Green Cove. The buildings against the hills in the center of the shot are part of the old rail station in Green Cove.

Green Cove Panarama resized 15 cropped legal white.jpg

Nicely done, Aaron! You are working the angles, and it's working well. I would be curious to see what the 4th shot looks like with the farmhouse done in black and white, with some sepia.

The pano shots is great too. Nice job!

I'm partial to the 4th shot in the last set, too. You can just make out the red of the hardwoods as they are starting to bud out. It would be cool to see a comparison shot in a month or two after everything greens up. They look great.
Derek

Thanks guys. I had gotten tired of waiting for the sun so I went out and got some shots without it. I'm really liking the Panaramic setting in Photoshop Elements to.:) Eric, here is the photo in black and white with seppia like you asked.....I hope. I could not locate the aging tool and I'm not sure I got the seppia exactly like it should be but I think it's pretty close.:oops:
IMG_7562 legal resized 25  Seppia II.jpg

Last edited:
It looked more yellow until I posted here and then it turned red. I'll see what I can do. Well, the second one was suppose to be gone but now we have a comparison.:oops:

Last edited:
After running the errands for my dad and stopping at the train station and getting some decent shots there I had to stop at the herb shop for myself and it's next door the the Harley Davidson dealership and they had a bikerun going on so I got a few shots of some of what I thought were sharp.

IMG_7588 legal resized 25.jpg

IMG_7590 legal resized 25.jpg

IMG_7591 legal resized 25.jpg

IMG_7595 legal resized 25.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back