**** DONE: 1/72 B-24H “Booby Trap” - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I painted the leading edges of the wings and tail in two shades of silver to give the impression of different aluminum panels. First picture was taken after the first coat was put on and masking for the second completed. The rest of the pictures show the result, not always easy to capture in a photo.

P8090205.JPG
P8090208.JPG
P8090211.JPG
P8090212.JPG

Last edited:
Now that detail of the leading edges is something I never noticed. Brilliant.

A couple of small pieces of PE "sprue" could be used for the armor hangers under the side window.

Are you gonna try and add the sliding window frame and glass?

Great work so far Glenn, as always.

Now that detail of the leading edges is something I never noticed. Brilliant.

A couple of small pieces of PE "sprue" could be used for the armor hangers under the side window.

Are you gonna try and add the sliding window frame and glass?

Great work so far Glenn, as always.
Good idea for the armor clips Bill, I'll see if I have some laying around that can work. The sliding armor window is there, I just had it masked. Here's some pictures with the masking pulled off the rear pane. The tracks are part of the plastic of the front pane running back over the rear pane. It will be depicted on the front pane as just paint. I still need to do some touch up sanding on the frame before paint, then it should show up much better.

P8100215.JPG
P8100216.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back