**** DONE: 1/72 Lancaster Mk.III - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am fortunate I salute right handed, so I'll still be able to wipe my own bu........ sorry, I won;t go there......

So I done as much as will get done for a couple of weeks, maybe 3 at the least.

Bombs striped and in. gear and wheels on. Prop tips painted. Just the little fiddley bits, antennae and glass framing and internals of turrets. At least it resembles a Lanc now.......

Attachments

• 18 Lanc 16.jpg
    18 Lanc 16.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 18 Lanc 16a.jpg
    18 Lanc 16a.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 18 Lanc 16b.jpg
    18 Lanc 16b.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 80
Thanks guys.................... I owe some of the "it's looking good" to some of you! Thanks.

I don't have to be at the hospital until 2pm, so I sat down and attached the gear doors.............. and,
Them pesky holes for the props, sometimes I just hate them. The prop never fits the hole and they just droop.
So I have taken a few pieces of styrene tube, drilled it out to fit the prop pin, then drilled the hole in the kit to accept the tube, chuck it in the hole, left a bit sticking out to square the tube, then a little glue at the seams. When it's dry I'll trim flush and Bob's your uncle. A nice little tube for the prop to sit in. I do this on most of the planes I build. I don;t like to glue the props in place. Too risky for me!

Later!

Attachments

• 18 Lanc 17.jpg
    18 Lanc 17.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 113
Just caught up with this one, she's looking good!
I hardly ever glue down the props, meself.
Hope you are feeling better, maybe you can still do some work if you take it easy!

Just caught up with this one, she's looking good!
I hardly ever glue down the props, meself.
Hope you are feeling better, maybe you can still do some work if you take it easy!

owwwwwwwwww..... i think that says it all, he types one handed.
impossible to sleep. have to try sitting up. a pain.....

Nifty job on the bombs. When I had a cast on my drinking arm, I had to practice with the opposite arm....lots and lots of practice for six weeks.

Geo

Fortunately am right handed, left shoulder is the offending appendage. But just difficult to get it to workbench height and get it to stay there for any length of time. Pain is far less than expected, in 8 days I have only taken 6 pain killers, and that was just for some discomfort cuz I'm a sissy.

Rifling thru my new Blenheim kit to see if I will enter it. 1/72nd Airfix. Tiny bugger.

Bill, you're coming to the end of a really fine build. I love the all the detail you put in - particularly in 1:72 scale! Hope the shoulder mends soon.

:D Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back