***DONE: Bf110D of 9./ ZG 26 MTO 1941 Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

am i correct in thinking the 2x500kg bombs she carried should be light blue with a yellow stripe on the tail
the instuctions say black but i am sure i read somewhere that this is not the right colour

jamierd

I just found this thread and read it from beginning to end and aside form the things the various members have pointed out its looking great. I have to agree with you that I've also learned so much as a modeler from reading the comments of the people on this board.

I can't wait to see the finished product

Jamie, the bombs should be a light, or mid grey colour, very similar to RLM 02. And yes, the stripe was between the fins, running from the casing to the end of the tail.

Jamie, the bombs should be a light, or mid grey colour, very similar to RLM 02. And yes, the stripe was between the fins, running from the casing to the end of the tail.

Hmmm, if you get a chance could you check out this link:

www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org - Luftwaffe Resource Center - Bomb Annex

According to that link, the sky blue is correct for a SC Gradee III General Purpose 500 kg bomb. I'm a little dubious because it seems such an odd color for ordinance and almost everything else is painted grey or green, but the site is pretty detailed so maybe it's right.

Almost forgot, nicely done so far Jamie. :D

Jamie no laughing here it 's looking real good.Now did you do the mottling with a fat dry brush or a q-tip?I want to know it looks very good and realistic ;) Cheers Keviin

I see what you mean about that web-site K. It does appear to be authorative. However, all photos I've seen of these bombs, and an actual bomb casing, were a greyish colour, varying in tone (no doubt due to the colour printing processes, aging, dirt etc), between a light mid grey and the greyish green previously mentioned. I will admit though, that at least one period colour print I've seen has exhibited a slight bluish tinge, not that far removed from RLM76.
I've been looking for one source I used some years ago, without success, which described the colour as light grey, and I seem to recall using Medium Sea Grey to paint the bombs on, coincidentally, a Fujimi Bf110, about 25 years ago(!).

I did the mottlng with an old size2 brush i cut it down to about 2mm and beat the hell out of it to make it really rough and thanks for the comment s guys very much appreciated

It certainly was i did it very slowly masking each individual line 1 at a time then paint thn wait todry then do it all over again took 3 days in total but is a huge improvement on my last one. will be mopre photos later today is still dark here yet (i couldnt sleep)

more photos still a few bits to do should be done later this week

Attachments

• 100_0520.JPG
    100_0520.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_0521.JPG
    100_0521.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_0522.JPG
    100_0522.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 100_0523.JPG