Done : Bf110G-4, G9+AT, of III/NJG1, Gruppe Build.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think all the models you've made Terry are Top notch ,To hard to even choose a favourite

The '110, since he got it from me...!!! lmao! :lol: No, honestly, they're all my favs, thinking of all the pain that you've put up with sometimes, using paint brushes and still do such an splendid work. Should be top notch in anyones book!

Thank you very much Dan and Wojtek! You're right Dan, the new airbrush has made a big difference, allowing very precise control for mottles and blends etc.
I've got a bit more done, but not much to show for four hours work. Although, I did have a mishap, when I knocked over the bottle of 'Klear' (Future)! At least I now have a very shiny desk!!
The undercart doors are on, and the drop tanks and supports assembled, painted and fitted. The nav lamp bulbs and landing lamp housing were painted in the appropriate colours, then the lenses fitted using white glue. The radio mast was painted, and fitted again with white glue. All that remains is to fit all the fiddly bits, such as antennas and canopy sections, and make the aerial cables and beam-approach antenna, both from stretched sprue. After a bit of touching-up, and a little more subtle weathering, it'll be finished.
I might have it all done by the weekend, but as I'm away on Friday doing an after dinner talk (at a nuclear sub factory!), I possibly won't get much done until Sunday. Meanwhile, here' a couple of progress pics.
Thanks again for your kind comments.

Attachments

• 110 Build 221.jpg
    110 Build 221.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 110 Build 225.jpg
    110 Build 225.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 68
  • 110 Build 222.jpg
    110 Build 222.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 63
JTFC Terry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a finish! I never got as far as airbrushing in my modelling days...maybe if I had I woold still be making them!

Beautiful work sir! (my appologies for the "sir" if you worked for a living....)

Darryl

Jesus H Ch....!!!!!!

How you guys do this so fast is beyond me!! My God, that looks awesome!!!!

One point: No fair picking a crate that doesn't have spirals on the spinners!! :)

Thanks very much indeed guys, much appreciated. Personally, I think it could be better in parts, but overall I'm fairly pleased with it so far.
Chris, I avoided the spirals on the spinners, and went for spots instead!!

Thanks again Chris. Whoever it was in the Luftwaffe who thought up the idea of using a spiral-painted spinner to distract the aim of enemey air-gunners, needs their ar*e kicking! Did he not stop to think of the bl**dy problems they would cause for us modellers many years later?!!
Keep perservering Chris, you'll beat it in the end. Even if you only get part of the decals in place, you could maybe use them as a guide to painting the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back