****DONE Heavy Hitters GB Revell 1/48 Ju-87D

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Have the glove. My mom gave me the candle and a lighter and said, "I swear if you burn the house down.....!"

Well can go do it in the kitchen when you give me the assignment so my mom can see?

Ok. Now you have to take the "glassy" stick and stretch it warming up this one. Be careful and don't let the plastic catch fire.. Keep the stick above the candle flame keeping one of its ending with the left hand. Soon you can notice the plastic will become much clear and will start to bend itself.It menas it is becomming soft.Make it quite soft.
Then take the second ending of the stick with the right hand in the glove and stretch it as possible. You should do it without keeping it above the candle. A few pics below. Don't forget about the candle flame extinguishing.

Attachments

• lampka3.jpg
    lampka3.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 68
  • lampka3a.jpg
    lampka3a.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 65
  • lampka3b.jpg
    lampka3b.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Now you can cut off these thick endings and find the part of the thread of similar diameter like the cental thin hole in the second stick.For cutting use a scalpel. The thin glassy stick should fit to the hole exactly or be of a little bit smaller diameter.

Attachments

• lampka4.jpg
    lampka4.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 63
OK, no problem.

Now some of training. Cut a short length of the glassy stick.Light up the candle again.Holding the plastic length of the stick with your tweezers like in the pic below, move it to the flame slowly.There is a point of its moving , you will notice that the ending is swelling. Move it farther trying to get the effect of a "mushroom" or ball at the ending.
Don't move the stick too close the flame because it can catch fire.

Attachments

• lampka5.jpg
    lampka5.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Yes Harry that's it.

Now take a longer length of the stick and holding with your fingers of the left hand do that again.But don't keep the stick too close to the ending ( pic1). But hold it as in the second pic.Try to get the mushroom or ball ending in shape.Make a few a such shapped endings.Always cut these with the "tail" of 2mm.

Attachments

• lampka6.jpg
    lampka6.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 55
  • lampka5c.jpg
    lampka5c.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 56
  • lampka5b.jpg
    lampka5b.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 54
  • lampka5a.jpg
    lampka5a.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 56
To be honest it is very difficult to estimate if they suck.:lol:

If you aren't happy of them try to make a few other ones.These put into a small box as they can come in handy.Anyway try to put each of them to the central hole ( dry fitting) in order to see which one can be used

Personally I like these with the mushroom endings.

Attachments

• lampka6a.jpg
    lampka6a.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 57
  • lampka6b.jpg
    lampka6b.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 55
  • lampka6c.jpg
    lampka6c.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 56
But these with balls at the ending look good too.

Attachments

• lampka6d.jpg
    lampka6d.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 54
  • lampka6e.jpg
    lampka6e.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 55
  • lampka6f.jpg
    lampka6f.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 56
I see. But you should have gotten something like these. right? ;)

Attachments

• 102_5379a.jpg
    102_5379a.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 102_5380a.jpg
    102_5380a.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back