**** DONE: Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf 109G-10

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just posin'. The leg looks straight in the photo but it does have that classic angle of a 109

IMG_2951.JPG

Thank you Andy. I think I found it. The colour name, as with most Vallejo paint threw me. Don't let the pic throw you, there is a green tint in real life. Close to yours and almost bang on to Wojtek's chip above. I give you 71013, Yellow Olive

I love Vallejo paints so I'll most likely add this one to my Luftwaffe paint set ;)

Thanks guys. Been fighting Fluvid or whatever it is I brought home from camp and then promptly gave it to the missus. On finals now and after the Canuck game I'll do some minor touch-ups and post the pics. The last two items to be glued on were the Morane antenna under the wing and the pitot tube, both of which were really poor renditions of the real things. The antenna was a long rectangle so I cut some off, bored a hole in the end and inserted some stretched sprue. Not quite spec but good enough. Those fine point tweezers I just got were very useful here. According to some sources, this antenna was made from wood and varnished, hence the brown colour. The pitot tube was even worse. Again a rectangle but no where near long enough. After some pondering about stretching sprue again I decided to use a spare one from the Eduard kit that I am also building for this GB

IMG_0004.JPG

Typical Canuck game Vic. Take the lead into the third period, quit playing and lose. How they are in first place overall is beyond me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back