**** DONE: Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf109G-6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oops, oops, oops...!!! Another "discovery", this Erla G-6 (Wnr.27169) doesn't wore the Erla standard camo :oops:
View attachment 760250View attachment 760251
Eduard and the others (decal manufacturers too), apparently made a mistake regarding the camo scheme :rolleyes:

But this one reveals the "tooth" there though ...

Bartels saw tooth red 13.jpg

the source: FalkeEins - the Luftwaffe blog

Oh wow! I sleep and you guys have lots of fun. :lol:
Vic, maybe it's too late and maybe it's not very important but I just find that
View attachment 760247
The balkenkreuz under the wings are with the black outline (I think it's the same aircraft)
Steph, thanks for this. looking at this you are correct in believing this to be Heinrich Bartels aircraft and I can see by the wavy leading edge it could be the sawtooth camo, so I can change the balkenkreuz. :lol:

Looking at all the other pics and taking note of the kill scores on the vertical fin, they were from an earlier time with tally's of 60 and 56 where as my build is later time with a 70 tally. With the addition also of Wojtek's sawtooth wing, I'll stick with the camo as is.

Many thanks gents for the input, makes for good reading over my morning cuppa. :thumbright::thumbright:

Perhaps ... especially that the enlarged shot of the pic you posted on the previous page shows the same saw-tooth line at the wing root.

View attachment 760308
Now that you have rightly pointed out this fact, looking at the photo that I posted on the previous page, we have (or I have) the impression that the 2 wings, which already differ in their camouflage, are not the same colors...??? There is the same difference between this left wing which seems to be more darker and the left horizontal stabilizer... :oops:
We can't even blame a problem of exposure, the sun seems to be almost directly above them...
And strangely this difference disappears on the other photo :)

IMHO that's a matter of the time the colours were applied but not of the difference between them. Just one wing was just painted while the second one not. Contrary to other renditions of the camo scheme it can be noticed that the non saw-tooth camp spots were used for most of the plane. I mean the fuselage, port wing and horizontal stabiliser+elevator. So the starboard wing was either replaced or not repainted yet. Anyway we got a kind of the camo mix there.

Thanks George and I hope yours is coming along well and a curse to the manufacturers for getting the facts wrong, I've had loads of errors on mine with this build. :D

Better post those finished pics before we find more contradictory info Vic! I wonder if Bartels got a new mount between those Victory markings and duplicated his personal markings rather than repainting the wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back