EDUARD 1:48 F6F HELLCAT BINGE BUILD (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

True. Intermediate Blue on. I didn't lose as much white as I thought but there will be touchups

IMG_3005.JPG

Thanks Vic. Touch ups done. I should have mentioned my Intermediate Blue mix. Tamiya XF-18 Medium Blue and XF-2 Flat White: 3/1. Anyhoo....I finished with the touch ups on the bottom and had some left-overs. I just finished watching this video, How to airbrush Tamiya paints guide (for newbies) which I'm sure many know about mixes etc. so I thought I would give it a try and free hand some white camo on my mule. Not the best but better than anything I've tried to date. Ignore the tail, I was blowing out residual

IMG_3007.JPG

Thanks for the mix and the video. Never had a dislike for the smell of Tamiya paints but everybody is different.

One thing that was not mentioned and that I experience is that when thinning to such high ratios of thinner to paint, the adherence of the paint goes down A LOT. Without an immediate clear coat to protect it, the paint scratches very easily and can come off on masks.

With you on the smell, I don't even notice it. I can remember John Kim struggling with his masking as he used super thinned paints to create his weathering. I'm struggling right now with this Hellcat; never had so much paint come off. As mentioned, white is touched up and when I get out of camp, I'll spray the NS Sea Blue and then touch up the rest

so a bit of googling and i found this !

I didn't add the leading edge colour for my GB Corsair as I figured it would be added when the rest of the camo colours were added. rochie rochie I just found out that the Corsair Mk.lll didn't have the fuselage air scoops added; perfect for the scheme I want to do

I'm a little confused. It is going to be the USN or FAA kite?

Karl's will be FAA. I'm doing an FAA Corsair much later

OK. I see.

According to the SR-2c specification ....the US Hellcats , the fuselage top and some adjacent vertical surfaces reaching the tops of the wings also the leading edges of the wings and tail fins ... ANA 607 Non Specular Sea Blue - FS 35042. The wing tops and the vertical stabilizers of the same colour but of the semi-gloss tone ... ANA 606 FS 25042. Other horizontal parts of the fuselage, fin and rudder ... ANA608 Nonspecular Intermediate Blue FS 35164. Undersides of the ANA 601 Nonspecular Insignia White ... FS 37875.

Regarding the 5 percent aft from the leading edge of the airfoils ... the chord of the wing airfoil at the wing root in mm /100x5. The same for the wing tip. And the same for the tail.

wing.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back