Israel vs Hamas Conflict 2023

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. So both sides have been shitty to each other. I didn't realize that morality could be quantified, though.

I'd also argue that the Gaza blockade has not only resulted in the deaths of innocent Palestinians, but also was an act of collective punishment, which I'm pretty sure is itself a war crime. So this idea of simon-pure Israelis and beastly Palestinians is simply not the case.
Reluctantly, I must agree. Reluctant not because I disagree with your position - just the opposite: your point forces me to confront my own ..... inclination to ignore the uglier side of the state of Israel's policies and practices. To be clear, I consider modern-day Israel to be an admirable and impressive entity, born out of the collective shame of the post-WW2 reflection and brought on by the realization of the reality of the Holocaust. Any claim of moral equivalency by the terrorists (or their apologists) bent on massacre is both laughable and nauseating. Israel possesses vast military capabilities... and nuclear weapons. If those capabilities and weapons belonged instead to their foes, Israel would be a radioactive wasteland. Israel has shown restraint and good will that (except rarely) have not been returned . All of that said, it does not erase the fact Israel cannot claim to have spotless hands

Unfortunately not. One man terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Executions play to the enemy's narrative - helps to legitimise their claims and grievances.

Ding, ding, ding! Tell him what he's won Johnny!

IMG_0061.gif

Kill the terrorists- summary executions. That example will have a moderating influence on the others.
I think your kid's been on the PC again. Maybe get him to define which terrorists he's talking about: Israel or Hamas.

Hey Snowygrouch,

re "The missiles/rockets are all supplied by/funded from Iran, this was told to me recently by an Israeli friend of mine, his family knew several of the people involved in this event."

Are you saying that some of your friend's family members know people involved in the manufacture and/or purchase and/or transport arrangement and or smuggling of the rockets used by the Hamas in the current action?

If the answer is "yes" then you and/or your friend may be visited by British intelligence (or Israeli intelligence) at some point in the near future in order to trace the people involved in said actions.

If the answer is "no" then the people your friend says his family members know have no way of really knowing where the rockets came from.

Do not misunderstand me, I also figure it is probable that the rockets originated from Iran - but Hamas has historically also been funded/supplied/aided by nations and entities other than just Iran.

And as J_P_C and I both intimated in the Ukraine thread, there may be other players in the game.

I have often wondered the outcome of Palestinians and Israelis accepting our Bill of Rights as the foundation framework for co-existance, in which the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 13th Amendments are accepted and passionately embraced.

Eliminating any reference to a State Religion or holding one above any other - while recognizing that all men are created equal, each having the God (pick the one for You) given Right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Oh, wait - I just woke up..that one is no longer in effect.

Its immensely complicated, but I think (personally) that the barrier here isnt quite so much the people of Israel and the Palestinans not being able to come to terms, but that
its just become a proxy conflict for Iran vs the US & US interests. So whilst Iran and the USA are not on speaking terms, there will be no solution as the arms/rockets and money will keep pouring through the tunnels. Some people who know a lot more about the region than I do, suggest that Hamas does not exactly have the interests of the Palestinian people at heart, and that without their influence there, things might get a lot better.

Not THAT long past, Israelis used to go into Gaza for a night out dancing, because they had a very energetic night life ! (true story)

I have often wondered the outcome of Palestinians and Israelis accepting our Bill of Rights as the foundation framework for co-existance, in which the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 13th Amendments are accepted and passionately embraced.

Eliminating any reference to a State Religion or holding one above any other - while recognizing that all men are created equal, each having the God (pick the one for You) given Right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Oh, wait - I just woke up..that one is no longer in effect.

One final, and LAST time…

As stated on the very first page of this thread:

The same rules apply as they do in the Ukraine thread. Stick to discussions directly related to the conflict. Do not get overly political. This thread is not a place to discuss your political grievances.

My question is why wasn't this open air concert protected? It's located near Gaza after all. Apparently, in a country where nearly every Israeli man and women is a military reservist, none of the concert goers were armed? I guess this is partially why… 'Too little, too late': Israel issues emergency directive to 'allow' citizens to arm themselves . Were there no soldiers guarding the event? How lastly, how in hell does Mossad and the IDF not detect a swarm of armed fighters busting out of Gaza?

Um, the horse has left the stable, and NOW the IDF shows up in force?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bnE0kC7TWwE

Last edited:
I don't want to drag the Ukraine conflict into this discussion, but…

This all smells like a deliberate and planned diversion by Putin to redirect US/NATO supplies and weapons to Israel and away from Ukraine.
Hamas is friends with Iran, and Iran friends with Putin. So, yeah. But as it was, the US Congress was at loggerheads about moving ahead with Biden's foreign military spending. An attack on Israel may well cause a tide that raises all boats, so to speak, freeing up aid to Ukraine as well as Israel. A Putin plan that backfires? Never, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back