Most Beautiful Aircraft of WW2? (6 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I do like the IAR 80

8518450563_095688b932_b.jpg
Romanian IAR 80 by Stewart Callan, on Flickr

IAR_80_replica.jpg

But my favourites are the Spitfire XII and XIV

22880526979_8881bf6048_b.jpg
Supermarine Spitfire Mk IV/XII, DP845. The was the first Griffon-powered Spitfire that was flown by Jeffrey Quill in 1942. by SDASM Archives, on Flickr

22880552729_4b8933a6df_b.jpg
Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIVe, RB140. The first Spitfire Mark XIVe, RB140, on a test flight after undergoing Griffon Engine modifications ('GEMS') at the De Havilland factory, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, following operational evaluation with No. 616 Squadron by SDASM Archives, on Flickr

Several fighters and bombers catch my eye, but for me, the He280 was a good looking machine.

Elliptical wing, streamlined fuselage all with a hint of 1930's styling. Just an all around good looking aircraft.
Beautiful means, not about performance, only about looking good. Please choice only one aircraft you think beautiful.

I vote to Bf109. I think it has sharpe shape and beautility.8)8)

Vote finished!

Just one? Can't, just can't... I'll chose the Grumman F6F Hellcat series and Bell P-39/63 series for Allied; the Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien and Macchi c.202 Folgore for the Axis airplanes.

You've peaked my interest. What sort of parts?
Prop pitch motor,piston valve,electrical junction box, retractable foot step, couple of fuselage skin pieces (10/JG54,early '44), various small engine and landing gear parts,tail wheel strut with rim and tire.Three assorted Ta-152 parts. Some are from crash sites, some NOS. The best pieces I have are the original 20mm ammo access panels and main gear wheel rim from the Smithsonian/Dayton Museum D-9 (and D-13) from when in was first in Atlanta.Also a few parts off the D-13. After the Champlin restoration obviously...
Sorry, these are the last photos I have, not quite up to date. Sooooo cannot wait for the Collings Foundation to finish their flying example.
Anyways, not to get off topic...
DORAS RULE!

Attachments

• DSCN6227.JPG
    DSCN6227.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 172
  • DSCN7105.JPG
    DSCN7105.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 154
  • DSCN7106.JPG
    DSCN7106.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
  • DSCN6228.JPG
    DSCN6228.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
Prop pitch motor,piston valve,electrical junction box, retractable foot step, couple of fuselage skin pieces (10/JG54,early '44), various small engine and landing gear parts,tail wheel strut with rim and tire.Three assorted Ta-152 parts. Some are from crash sites, some NOS. The best pieces I have are the original 20mm ammo access panels and main gear wheel rim from the Smithsonian/Dayton Museum D-9 (and D-13) from when in was first in Atlanta.Also a few parts off the D-13. After the Champlin restoration obviously...
Sorry, these are the last photos I have, not quite up to date. Sooooo cannot wait for the Collings Foundation to finish their flying example.
Anyways, not to get off topic...
DORAS RULE!

That's a very nice collection you have there. You must have connections to these museums, no?

That's a very nice collection you have there. You must have connections to these museums, no?
No, just lucky enough to know a couple of well known private collectors. BTW it's suppose to read early Oct '44 on the 10/JG54 part. One of the first Doras shot down. Meat puppet fingers can't always type right...

You have any gizmos (A-10 parts perhaps)? I'd be curious as to what other people in their cases. Maybe a good idea for new thread?

You have any gizmos (A-10 parts perhaps)? I'd be curious as to what other people in their cases. Maybe a good idea for new thread?

No A-10 parts unfortunately, the only aircraft part I own is a rather small ADI water tank gauge which was mounted in the cockpit of the Hellcat. I don't have a lot of disposable cash for these sorts of things you know. :rolleyes:

But I do agree about starting a new thread on the subject. It would be nice to see what other members of the forum have collected over the years....

No A-10 parts unfortunately, the only aircraft part I own is a rather small ADI water tank gauge which was mounted in the cockpit of the Hellcat. I don't have a lot of disposable cash for these sorts of things you know. :rolleyes:

But I do agree about starting a new thread on the subject. It would be nice to see what other members of the forum have collected over the years....
All to familiar with the $ limitation. Really had to budget to get to this point. I'll post a new thread on the subject and see what we get for answers. Look for you there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back