Proud to be British?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Clave, why do I have this image in mind after reading your post ?

;)

Attachments

• gladiator.jpg
    gladiator.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 160
While I haven't had the kind of real-world experience that gives you guys these opinions, I do know that members of every generation complain about "those crazy, disrespectful youngsters." During every era in history, there has been some group of people saying that the world is going to hell and that children don't behave anymore. Looking back, it always seems like the world was perfect and good and beautiful, but the people who lived then had just as many complaints as we do now. No place, no time, no era is perfect. Given a few years of hindsight, it's never so bad as anyone thinks.

Tiger said:
Udet, that was a good post!

I think the problem in the UK lies with the parents. If the kids get detention the parents don't say like they would have 40 years ago "What have you been doing in school!!! Trouble again, wait til your father gets home he'll give you a good hiding!!!"

They say "How dare you put my child in detention!!! I'm going to sue the school!!!" or they'll threaten the teacher.

You hit the nail on the head, the parents, when I was a young lad, many moons again, my god my father and mother kept both my brother and myself under control. I once got in a fight at school and my mother demanded that I got detention. Thanks mum...........

Ok lets go another way, bring back Miliatry Conscription, get the Xbox generation off their fat posteriors and enter back into reality!
Instill discipline and respect back into a generation that has no clue for any values, let alone the few basic ones!

The next question is who will pay for it. Well, a good part of the kids today are not working but living off handout from the state, so the handouts from the state could be channelled into the military to off set the costs.

I have to disagree with you post Udet. You make it seem a lot worse than it is. The German people complain about the Turks not because of the reasons you state but because of what they do in Germany. They are the equivilent of the illegal free loaders who come to the United States from south of its border. They are costing Germany so much money and they raise the crime rate and have no desire to obey the laws of Germany.

You say you know all of this because you have visited Germany for 4 months or so, well I have lived in Germany for over 20 years and I am telling you that you are wrong.

Der Adler:

You are not going to deny the fact the majority of the present-day Germans are a real large gang of bitter, boring, depressed, unhappy loners are you?

The majority of them are so bitter than whenever they make an attempt to smile, the expression on their faces looks rather like scowls.

And furthermore, you are not going to deny the fact birth rates among "white Germans" are extremely -critically- low are you?

You are right when you affirm many Germans complain about the things Turks do in Germany, but at the same time what I am saying is 100% true, and I have seen it, MANY Germans complain and get angry at seeing their nation getting "overcomed" by that "tide" of non-Germanic, or non-European people.

So that´s it DerAdler, a huge number of Germans decided to carry on with lonely lives, no marriage; kids? the sole possibility has been overruled. So when they complain about the "flood" of non-europeans taking over is precisely when the thing becomes funny.

You might have lived 20 or more years there, but 2 of my greatest friends are Germans, one in Frankfurt, the other in Berlin, and they keep my updated of what happens in Germany.

And this happens in France, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden (some of the most unpleasant people you can ever come across: depressed and boring) and the rest of Scandinavia.

My idea is that the future of Europe might be in fact darker than most people apparently think of. In view of the present circumstances i believe it´s a possibility.

This comments of course can lead to other fields of dicussion: spending a day with the peoples of the so-called "third world" can sometimes be more spiritually rewarding -when you see those huge smiles on their faces and all that energy in display; i´ve seen it here in Mexico and in Brazil- than being in "first world" Stockholm watching a line of acrid swedes at the bus stop.

Yes Udet I am going to say 100% that you are wrong and dont know what you are talking about.

Lets see here you go:

Udet said:
You are not going to deny the fact the majority of the present-day Germans are a real large gang of bitter, boring, depressed, unhappy loners are you?

100% wrong. Again what you hear from people does not make you an expert on the matter. I dont know a single German who is bitter, boring, depressed, and unhappy loners. I think I know a hell of a lot more Germans than you do. Hell I think I know myself better than you do. I know my family and my wifes family better than you do and I have more than 2 German friends.

Yes there are people that fit that catagory that you are describing, but not the vast majority. Where do you get this? From your 2 friends, sounds to me like they are neo nazis and frankly my friend they are a great minority in this country. But then again you probably have heard from people differently which makes you correct. Am I correct?

Udet said:
The majority of them are so bitter than whenever they make an attempt to smile, the expression on their faces looks rather like a scowl.

I really dont know where you get this from, sorry that is just dumb and incorrect.

Udet said:
And furthermore, you are not going to deny the fact birth rates among "white Germans" are extremely -critically- low are you?

Yes Udet you are correct it is low, however that is not because they are loners and depressed and what not. You assumptions are completely wrong. Just because you talk to 2 people does not make you an expert on the matter.

Udet said:

Yes you are correct in that matter, but you would not understand, because you do not see what happens on a day to day basis here.

Udet said:
So that´s it DerAdler, a huge number of Germans decided to carry on with lonely lives, no marriage; kids?

Do you know how expensive it is to live here in Germany, Udet? I really dont think so. People do not have children in Germany until about the average age of 35 when they have settled in and made a living for themselves. They do not start families at the age of 18 like they do in some countries because they are responsible about it. It is not because of you really unknowledgable ideas about it.

Udet said:
You might have lived 20 or more years there, but 2 of my greatest friends are Germans, one in Frankfurt, the other in Berlin, and they keep my updated of what happens in Germany.

Your point being, I think I still know more about what goes on in this country being the fact that I have lived here for the majority of my life and am currently in the country. Sorry Udet but you can not tell me how it is here in Germany when I live it, and you dont.

Udet- what colonia you live in in D.F.? What exact level of freedom does Mexico have over the US and European countries? This is not an arguementative querry. I am curious why you believe that. Is this personal or political freedom or something else?

Well they have the freedom to kidnap being that Mexico has one of the highest kidnapping rates. They have the freedom to smuggle drugs into the United States and live there as illegals and when the United States says somethign about it they get mad at the US.

You hit the nail on the head, the parents, when I was a young lad, many moons again, my god my father and mother kept both my brother and myself under control. I once got in a fight at school and my mother demanded that I got detention. Thanks mum...........

Ok lets go another way, bring back Miliatry Conscription, get the Xbox generation off their fat posteriors and enter back into reality!
Instill discipline and respect back into a generation that has no clue for any values, let alone the few basic ones!

The next question is who will pay for it. Well, a good part of the kids today are not working but living off handout from the state, so the handouts from the state could be channelled into the military to off set the costs.

This is exactly what we need! I'm 19, and I want to see my whole generation serve two years national service. And every generation after that. The kids today need the respect and discipline that has been lacking for many generations now! As this is allowed to progress the country becomes worse and worse.

DerAdler:

Your response to my comment is so wrong and groundless.

Also your attacks against Mexico are pointless, and will not offend me; perhaps you forgot I am a temporal professional in this country -I am not mexican-, so you can continue speaking dirt about mexico and mexicans.

So you think I am basing my opinions on German people solely on what 2 German friends of mine tell me via chat or e-mail?? Is that it? INCORRECT!!!

Where do I get my ideas from? Here is the response DerAdler:

You read my part when I said I have had the opportunity to stay in Germany for 2-3 months at least three times during the my life didn´t you?

Also, I am a frequent traveller and visitor of your country as well. As a 21 year old guy, I can say I know a great deal about Germany and Europe. I can tell I have been to Germany so many times i could not recall the accurate number.

I know the cost of living in Germany very well.

So you might know more about your country and your people than i do? Well, possibly, but you bet i know enough about present-day Germany to have accurate conclusions. Really DerAdler, I know much more about Germany than you apparently know about Mexico and latin america.

Also, did you read what I did write? I said THE MAJORITY of Germans are bitter, boring, depressing loners; a majority means there is a certain percentage of Germans which will not fit in that category.

That you, your wife and your relatives are happy Germans, who enjoy the family and know how to smile? Sure! I believe you. You and your relatives do not belong in the huge percentage of Germans who are bitter. Simple.

May i know the name of the city you are living in DerAdler and the approximate number of inhabitants?

Also you were very wrong if you believe I was suggesting German people should become parents at age 18, 19 or 20, the way many people still do in latin america. You were very wrong on this.

Nor that I am suggesting that every German couple should have 5, 6 or 7 kids just the way it happens in some countries of latin america or africa. This is hogwash.

The fact remains, a critical percentage of Germans refused to continue reproducing themselves, and I have personally met a large number of Germans who are past their 50s that never got married and did not have children. My 2 friends themselves have uncles and aunts that live alone, did not get married and had no children; people past their mid 40s and 50s as well.

This is not an "attack" against Germany and you should perceive the intention of my comments so I believe.

It is the truth Germany is facing big time problems with demographics and a real large number of Germans is angry at seeing their nation getting overcomed by a flow of people with brown skin (namely turks) and asian faces.

That those Germans who are bitter, depressed loners might have the right to complain about the tide swallowing their land is true, but it´s likewise true that a huge number of Germans rejected the notion of reproducing themselves in order to continue being the Germany they are allegedly proud of.

Finally, where do I get a huge number of Germans are bitter, boring and depressed? Easy DerAdler, i have seen them with my own eyes, also I spoke with many of them, enough to know what I am talking about.

Well,

I'm an Australian, currently living in Japan, and about to go back home

I'm only 25, but in the last 5 years I've lived in the USA, Japan, New Zealand and England

I've lived and worked in Seattle for 6 months teaching English to junior high school kids, as well as working as a kids ski-instructor in Ketchum, Idaho for 5 months and had the same job in Queenstown, New Zealand for 5 months. I lived in Windsor for 12 months as a GAP teacher and I'm just about to finish 2 years in Kumamoto, Japan as an English teacher. Hopefully, I'll be coming home to Australia and going straight into a research job at an aviation consultancy.

People all over seem to decry that "things are going down-hill": the youth have no respect, people are more and more unhappy and things are getting worse and worse, Asian/Islamics/Mexicans/terrorists ect ect are going to ruin our way of life.

I just don't see that.

Now, I'll admit I've had a pretty charmed upbringing and have a fairly health future. I've got a double degree from a reputable university and I come from a reasonably wealthy family. So maybe I see things with rose coloured glasses.

As far as I can see, all that the vast majority of people want is to be happy and safe and to be able to live their lives the way they see fit with a reasonable degree of security. These people make up the VAST majority of the populations of the countries I have lived in over the last 5 years. They have middle class dreams, live middle class lives and pursue middle class goals.

The fact is that if you live in the 'West' (i.e. the 'developed' world) right now, you've drawn the best ticket of all time in the jackpot of history. As a general rule, the education, employment and living standards of western nations are the highest they have ever been. Unemployment remains below 7% for the OECD and the rise of middle class lifestyles is still an evolving phenomena.

People will always piss and moan about stuff. But, honestly, what do we have to complain about compared to most of the last century? There is no major war going on, at least not on a WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam style of scale, nor a constant threat of nuclear annihilation. The threat of competing socio-political systems to the Westminster parlimentary democracy has virtually been eradicated, except for some fanatics. The age of mass transit and information is upon us: people pass around the globe and share ideas with an ease unimagined at the beginning of the last century. Apartheit is ended, there is very little slavery and racism (although an unfortunate constant in human history) seems to be abating from its disturbing peaks in the 19th and 20th centuries.

There are of course worrying trends: the rise of corporate power as a multi-national agency, the recent shift back towards stateism and nationalism, the challenges of climate change and pollution and the AIDS epedemic in Africa and South America being chief among them for me.

But Western society, is, as a whole, better educated, wealthier and more aware and informed about the world around it than at any time in history.

Oh man, when was the last you visited Britain? More educated? My whole town is full of dumbsh*ts who can't read. My town has double the unemployment rate of the national average. Highest teenage pregnancy, the teenage girls are choosing between SATs or another baby ? We have the highest heroine usage, and are the center for dealing. And we also have the highest STD rate in West Europe.

I hate to say but it seems those wars, and that threat of nuclear obliteration kept the generations in a straight manner. Now life is so relaxed everyone is finding someway to piss other people off.

Alright Udet:

Udet said:
Your response to my comment is so wrong and groundless.

Negative, everything that you said in that upper post was groundless and wrong. You think you know more than you do but you dont. Give it up and grow up.

Udet said:
Also your attacks against Mexico are pointless, and will not offend me

I have not begun to try and offend you Udet, so stop pretending to be the helpless innocent who is being attacked.

Udet said:
You read my part when I said I have had the opportunity to stay in Germany for 2-3 months at least three times during the my life didn´t you?

Also, I am a frequent traveller and visitor of your country as well. As a 21 year old guy, I can say I know a great deal about Germany and Europe. I can tell I have been to Germany so many times i could not recall the accurate number.

I dont care if you travel to Germany or not. I live here, I know the people, you do not. Just like I dont pretend to know Mexicans as well as you do, you dont know Germans as well as you think you do. Seriously Udet, stop pretending to know everything.

Udet said:
Well, possibly, but you bet i know enough about present-day Germany to have accurate conclusions. Really DerAdler, I know much more about Germany than you apparently know about Mexico and latin america.

Your right I know a hell of a lot more about Germany than you ever will. I live it!

The difference is I dont pretend to know more about Mexico than you do. You actually think you know more about some things than people and wont admit when you are wrong.

Udet said:
The fact remains, a critical percentage of Germans refused to continue reproducing themselves, and I have personally met a large number of Germans who are past their 50s that never got married and did not have children. My 2 friends themselves have uncles and aunts that live alone, did not get married and had no children; people past their mid 40s and 50s as well.

And this is not for any of the reasons that your believe they are for. That is what I am trying to tell you. Your reasons that it is because they are depressed and what ever the hell other things that you said is completely wrong.
Udet said:
This is not an "attack" against Germany and you should perceive the intention of my comments so I believe.

Never took it as one, but I am telling you, you are wrong!

Udet said:
said THE MAJORITY of Germans are bitter, boring, depressing loners; a majority means there is a certain percentage of Germans which will not fit in that category.

And I am telling you that you are wrong. It is not a majority. The vast majority of German people are fun loving and friendly people who yes Udet I will say it, smile a lot. YOU DO NOT KNOW THE GERMAN PEOPLE AS MUCH AS YOU THINK YOU DO!

That is what gets me about you. You think you know so much, but it is all hogwash that comes out. You are completely wrong.

Udet said:
but it´s likewise true that a huge number of Germans rejected the notion of reproducing themselves

That is just plain stupid and is absolutely not true.

Udet said:
Easy DerAdler, i have seen them with my own eyes, also I spoke with many of them, enough to know what I am talking about.

Udet, I see them every day, I work with them, I live with them. You telling me that I am wrong is just plain rubbish because you dont know what you are talking about. Hell see what plan_D has to say about it when he comes to Germany in a couple of weeks to visit. I am sure he will say the opposite of what you are saying. Because I know you are wrong.

Seriously Udet before writing about stuff you dont know about, learn about it.

Jabberwocky, I think that was an excellent and very correct post.

Plan_D, yes, maybe in Doncaster the picture is not so bright as Jabberwocky painted it, but he was saying on average. When you look at the bigger picture, what he said was pretty correct, in my opinion. Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't you lived in Doncaster for a pretty long period of your life? Maybe things are different outside of the sphere of Doncaster. Actually, you pretty much said that they were, given that Doncaster has such different statistics and trends than the rest of Western Europe.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you too Udet, as I've spend a fair amount of time in Germany myself. And my impression of the German people is that they are some of nicest and most polite people I have ever met.

Its also about the only country in which regularly people actually stop to allow you to pass or get infront in the rush-hour traffic, something which is extreemly rare in Britain for example.

And mfg,

I agree completely about getting involuntary military conscription back, its the only thing that will really work if you ask me.

I agree Soren. I was out on the town with my wife today and I did not see a single person that fit Udets description. I even printed off the stuff that Udet wrote and let my wife read it and she said thats full of ****.

"...something which is extreemly rare in Britain for example."

Common decency and respect is extremely rare in Britain. And no, it's not just in Doncaster. Since Doncaster isn't even in the top ten worst places to live in Britain !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back