What is the Best Beer in the World Poll

What is the best beer?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hows this for backup beer is aprox 93% water there cant be that many spots in Europe where you can stop and have drink from a stream without worrying about drinking someones affluent. When I worked with the GAF in Canada they were amazed that the water was so clean. Clean water makes good beer. :D

Hows this for backup beer is aprox 93% water there cant be that many spots in Europe where you can stop and have drink from a stream without worrying about drinking someones affluent. When I worked with the GAF in Canada they were amazed that the water was so clean. Clean water makes good beer. :D

Hey - there's some good brews out of NJ!

Hey - there's some good brews out of NJ!
there is no bad beer but what I've noticed is that many beers are far to malty for my taste I find the our domestic beers have less emphasis on the malt which makes them in my mind a cleaner crisper taste (cuts through on a hot day) something I have not found in other beers though its probably a case of what I was weaned on .

Oh man. It's the malty beer that I like. Nut Brown Ale or Bombardier. :love4: I too like the hoppy beers, but they can be too bitter if your not careful. IPAs are really hoppy. Though they do go well with sharp cheese.

Attachments

• 1455075.gif
    1455075.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 157
I know what Czech beer is and though the Czech make great beer it does not compare to the best German beers.

Dont take me wrong though Pisis. I have never had a Czech beer that I did not like but the Germans are true Beer Brewing Meister!

Purely in the interest's of national pride I will be forced to try German Beer and if I can find any some Czech beers to compare to the Irish beers.It may take some time but I will try and be objective with the results.

Well I remember discussing this maybe two-three years ago here. I really much like German Bier (Hefeweiße and others) but a nicely druaght Czech Gambrinus, Plzeň, Budvar or Staropramen - that is absolute World's top class. 8)

Plzeň Mmmmmm :love3:
Plzeň is the name of the city Pilsen in Czech, a major city of Western Bohemia.
601.jpg

Also, the reason why you use the term Bud, is that it is a shorter version of the word Budweiser Budvar. Böhmische Budweis = České Buidějovice, a major city in South Bohemia. Var in Czech means "to boil", so Budvar means the Beer from Budějovice...
BUDVAR_1.gif

What is also very interesting is the fact that almost every small village used to have - not anymore, unfortunaelty - its own brewery. Many of these were founded back in 13th or 14th, some Century!
So everytime I go somewhere in my country, I experience some new brands. :laugh6:

Jihlavský Ježek (Jihlava Hedgehog)
2401.jpg

Lobkowicz (A Czech noble family brand)
lobkowicz3.jpg

Svijany Brewery
svijany.jpg

Here is a complete list of now functioning Czech Breweries (with their relevant hompegeas):
BEERS.CZ * èeské pivo, aktuality, pivovary, hospody, diskuse, akce

1. Ehringsdorfer (from my home town Weimar) :lol:

2. Staropramen (I live in Munich but I haven't had a bavarian beer as good as this one from Prague)

3. Breznak (a chech beer too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back