Würger family 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello and hope that all are enjoying this new year.

Well, this is the advance performed during these days, where I intended to begin detailing both the 152 and the D-11 kites.

First, due to the advance in the 152 kite it was decided to completely apply the decals on the upper surfaces and to finish also the details in its belly. This applying the aluminium where it belongs. Also the RLM 76 was thinned down with the same paint but well thinned down with the Tamiya x-20a.

This is how the under surfaces looks like after applying the Alclad and real aluminium only to several areas of the wings and fuselage in order to obtain more contrast:
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 23.05.12.jpeg

I wonder how the washes and the common wear and tear will be applied in order to maintain a new look, rather than a kite that saw a lot of combat......
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 23.05.13.jpeg

Then the newly completed set of custom made decals were applied on the complete upper surfaces that will also receive the same thinning process of the rivet decals. National insignias were also printed along with the decals in order to make it easier to paint them:
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 22.59.57.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 22.59.57 (1).jpeg

Then it was time to complete the camouflage finishes on the D-11.

Boy, I really like this kite and to be honest, so far it has been one of the most elaborated works I've performed so far due that once you think that after completing one stage of the paint works, then after leaving it alone for a time you notice that it can be improved with several touches around here and there......

Also my air brush needs to be cleaned as soon as possible. Asked online for a cleaning kit and during delivery it got lost.......:scratch: The new one is still on its way......

First, it was applied again the RLM 81 on the fuselage sides and several touches of paint on the wings:
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 22.51.19 (2).jpeg

Then it was time to apply the 82 and 83, and some touches of the 76 on its sides. Here's where the air brush began complaining and doing everything that so far it hasn't done before such as spitting in the worst moment and refusing to apply any paint at several times.......... frustrating.....

This is how the kite looks so far after battling with this ****** air brush...:bad-words: But well, help is on its way....
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 22.51.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-07 at 22.51.19.jpeg

Now before beginning with the A-4, it would be time to continue with the weathering and applying the box decals.

Have a nice one my friends......:salute:

Gerry

Hello my fellow modelers:

Here is the week update of the project in hand. This time is about the paint works on the 152 kite.

After the use of the Tak material in the D-11 (where once you are trying to remove this material, also some of the recently applied paint and fuselage decals also came along with the Tak 🙀).... Apply the learning curve someone said before.....

So, a new approach was needed and also to improve the quality of the paint works in order to emulate better the real kite. It was decided to use some masking tape to position the paper that is employed for the masking works. That is, leaving a separation of about 2 to 4 mm between the paper and the desired surface (basically in the fuselage).

This is how this masking works looked like:
Prep 01.jpeg

Once the masking was located, then the bond paper would be placed in its desired position.... In the wings the masking tapé was located directly to the attack surface in order to obtain the jagged or dented delimitation of colours....
Prep 02.jpeg

Once the paint works were completed, this is how the kite looks like. It is relevant to comment that the pressure used is less than 1 psi and the paint was highly diluted in order to avoid covering the entire rivet decals........
painted 02.jpeg

Several tones were applied in order to obtain this result.
painted 01.jpeg

This are some details of how the rivet decals look like under this new paint cover. FYI, some of the darker blotches in the wings, are a result of the decals where also some color variations were printed along with the rivets:
detail 01.jpeg

Eventually some of these rivets will receive a different colour (aluminium, light greens and browns) where the maintenance crew walked or worked on. This will be applied along with the washes and oils that are needed to emulate better the final desired finish.
detail 02.jpeg

Hope you have a great week and please stay safe with this current cold weather in North America.

For the rest, enjoy your lovely weather wherever you live..... :salute:

Gerry

You love to eat well? Who doesn't? :lol:

Looking very good Gerry but I have to ask, how do you get your airbrush working at less than 1 psi? Did you mean 10? The lowest I can get is maybe 7 psi.

You love to eat well? Who doesn't? :lol:

Looking very good Gerry but I have to ask, how do you get your airbrush working at less than 1 psi? Did you mean 10? The lowest I can get is maybe 7 psi.

My dear friend Crimea:

You are absolutely right. What I wanted to say was BAR, not PSI's. My bad. old:oops:
compressor.jpeg

Please keep warm and eating well....

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back