Fly! or else Post Your Models 2!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

After all, I'd like to exchange some, when I see your photo! Especially I'd like to build that Czapla! ;) Or if I send you money, can you send me some Polish kits - I remember those horrible Mikro Yaks I used to build as a small kid. LOL, that is called "Ostalgy"... :lol:

Are those two MiGs in left lower corner KoPro? Is the red one with Czech cockarde?

I intend my picture so that you can see how many models I have the same as you (namely Bf 109 Fw 190 Academy, some Revells, etc...)

Attachments

• stash.jpg
    stash.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 327
  • stash3.jpg
    stash3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 335
  • stash2.jpg
    stash2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 333
Pisis said:
After all, I'd like to exchange some, when I see your photo! Especially I'd like to build that Czapla! ;) Or if I send you money, can you send me some Polish kits ...
Are those two MiGs in left lower corner KoPro? Is the red one with Czech cockarde?

I think it is possible but give me some time to find out how to do it,what the cost of it will be,please.Besides give me a scale of models.As far as Czapla is concerned,there is only one kit in my stash and I have to ask my friends about who could have more the kits.Perhaps I would be able to find the old production kit of the bird due to poor quality of the new ones.
You have a good sight there are really KoPro's Migs on left and the Spit below.

That would be great! Take ur time. I'll be thankful for that! Tell me what kit you want or if not, how to send the money.:)

I've counted my models - now it is 40 unassembled pieces. Contains 1/144, 1/72 as well as 1/48. 8)

On the other hand, there are not the plastic kits existed in all the world only.Sometimes I like making something scratch-built.Here some pics of the British Cromwell Mk.IV cruiser tank model and some of its details.It is made of paper and as you can see it hasn't been finished yet.
I have to paint the main wheels and make some corrections.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0013a.jpg
    IMG_0013a.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 298
At first, I used a nitro-varnish as a base then it was painted with metalic enamel (acrylic- for cars) in spray.After that I painted with Humbril enamels using an airbrush.Some of details had been hardened with cyanoacrylate glue "Superglue" ( a spade,wheels ) before they were painted.

Hi!

Wurger told me about this thread, and it's great! So many models and techniques! :shock: I'm basically a brush - modeler working in a Hasegawa Fw190-A6 CHECKER NOSE (no photos yet); but I have pics of my last plane: Eric Hartmann's BF 109G-6.

109G_making2_sm.jpg

109G_sm_above.jpg

109G_sm_below.jpg

I still need to learn how to 'weather' the planes... :oops:

Regards,

Hallo Gilbert !!!
I guess it is a 1:48 scale kit.If yes, it wasn't easy to paint the model using a brush only.It is a very good work.You are very good at painting with the tool. :thumbleft:
However,you have forgotten about the putty at places I've marked in the pic.You could use a cyanoacrylate glue " Supreglue" instead of the putty.Then, using a sandpaper you should make these areas smooth.They would look much better.Anyway,I like your Bf109 the most. :D

BTW Your siggy is also nice. :D

Attachments

• 109G_correction.jpg
    109G_correction.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 249
Wurger, there should be a hinge in the top cowling area of the Bf109G6 you marked in red.
I agree with you, using cyanoacrilate superglue instead of putty is much better; it can be rescribed and sanded with a much better result than putty would.
As for weathering models, in my opinion the first thing to do is apply a coat of silver metallic paint before painting the model, so you can scratch the paint after completing the paintjob; a tan color should obviously be applied to fabric or wooden parts instead, before painting with an airbrush.
What I usually do is apply acrylic silver paint with a paintbrush, then polish it with a piece of cloth to give it a better metal look. Then only I apply camo paint with an airbrush.
Then, I apply a mix of thinner and dark paint (mix of black and dark brown), so it gets into scribed panel lines. You might then want to paint exhaust smoke traces with an airbrush, then apply drybrush to highlight details.

Wurger, there should be a hinge in the top cowling area of the Bf109G6 you marked in red.

I must admit I wasn't accurate with the marking. :oops: You are right, Vince. :D There should be a hinge.But not for the all area.There a pic with a correction.

Attachments

• 109G_correction1.jpg
    109G_correction1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 232
He he no problem Wurger. Yes this is a much precise comment now! great!
The 109 is also one of my favorite birds, but I have a preference for the 190. And mostly, I prefer flying the 190 as a virtual pilot. I love it's stability, speed, high-speed handling and firepower.

:shock: Great tips Wurger and Vince!! I'll try to apply them in the next plane I make (a Messerschmitt-262, just arrived).

Wurger said:
I must admit I wasn't accurate with the marking. You are right, Vince. There should be a hinge.But not for the all area.There a pic with a correction.

The pic you refer to, is an 'in construction' picture of the plane... this is a finished pic: (also needs the cyanoacrilate superglue in the areas you said though:oops: )

109G_sm_cockpit.jpg

Vince57 said:
And mostly, I prefer flying the 190 as a virtual pilot. I love it's stability, speed, high-speed handling and firepower.

Where do you fly the 190 Vince?? IL-2?? WWIIonline??

Regards,

i havent been on in a while due to school work, and now it's finally paid off, i have an aibrush now, a tamiya basic spray-work with a compressor
if u remember the old pic of the do-217, heres my first airbrushed plane, a 1/72 macchi M.C 202 (i suck ass at doing the canopy and i kinda fucked part of the front up)

Attachments

• aerburhsmacchi1.JPG
    aerburhsmacchi1.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 263
  • aerburhsmacchi2.JPG
    aerburhsmacchi2.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 261

Users who are viewing this thread

Back