1/32 Ki-61-I Hien

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

like your choice too Dave, should have a photo or two of this bird for your reference...

Wayne,

Thanks for the offer. Any photo data you or anyone for that matter can supply of this aircraft would be appreciated. There are surprisingly few photos of this aircraft despite the the 244th being one of (if not the most) photograhed units in the IJAAF.

Last edited:
Kobayashi, the young and highly motivated leader of the 244th Sentai.

kobayashi.jpg

One of his many aircraft and the subject of this build.

Ki-61-244-Sentai-R295.jpg

phot9.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

I just haven't been able to find more pics of this particular aircraft. There also doesn't seem to be a lot of references either of Japanese world war 2 aircraft in general.
I read the the book Hien Fighter group is a good reference. I did manage to find a copy and have ordered it. The author does a few other books such one for the Ki-44 Shoki.

Last edited:
I've got four books about the Ki-61 and various other Japanese aircraft books if you need any reference photos. The two photos you have of this aircraft are the only two I have found but I have found some of his earlier and later aircraft. I have nowhere near the knowledge of the others here, especially Wayne, but when I stumble on something, I like to share.

Geo

Hey, David, I am gonna watch this one closely. I have never done too many Japanese A/C in the past. The finishing just intimidate me and I have not put the time into learning all the various interior/exterior colors of the Rising Sun aircraft. But, this build has caught my attention.

I've got four books about the Ki-61 and various other Japanese aircraft books if you need any reference photos. The two photos you have of this aircraft are the only two I have found but I have found some of his earlier and later aircraft. I have nowhere near the knowledge of the others here, especially Wayne, but when I stumble on something, I like to share.

Geo

thanks Geo,

As I mentioned I ordered the Hien Fighter group book which will be provide some general references on the Hien. I am hoping it will be a good reference as well for future builds and assistance to other modelers.

Hey, David, I am gonna watch this one closely. I have never done too many Japanese A/C in the past. The finishing just intimidate me and I have not put the time into learning all the various interior/exterior colors of the Rising Sun aircraft. But, this build has caught my attention.

Dneid,

I am going to try and challenge myself with this build. I hope it comes off okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back