1/32 Ki-61-I Hien

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you need more references, I have about 3 books on these aircraft and 2 books on the Major ;) and his mounts, just pm me, since I didn't notice you chose this subject till I posted my thread today :D and went back to check your GB post out :)

Dneid,

I am going to try and challenge myself with this build. I hope it comes off okay.

Yeah, I can relate to you there. I returned to the hobby last year and these guys have really pushed me to recover the old skills. All of the guys have been amazing and so patient with me as I have fumbled along with some really dumb questions. Overall, I am happy with how I am recovering all those old skills while dealing with a set of much older eyes!

Yeah, I can relate to you there. I returned to the hobby last year and these guys have really pushed me to recover the old skills. All of the guys have been amazing and so patient with me as I have fumbled along with some really dumb questions. Overall, I am happy with how I am recovering all those old skills while dealing with a set of much older eyes!

No dumb questions mate...keep on asking! :D

Yes. Same here. The amount of aircraft knowledge on this site by members is also excellent and keeps me very interested in returning to the site and posting my work.

I'll send the last couple I have today :) hopefully they'll be of supporting use :)

Have you picked up any sprue? :) I find it sometimes the most useful aftermarket accessory :D You can make a lot of those spare parts by yourself with a little time and luck :D and patience :D

I'll send the last couple I have today :) hopefully they'll be of supporting use :)

Have you picked up any sprue? :) I find it sometimes the most useful aftermarket accessory :D You can make a lot of those spare parts by yourself with a little time and luck :D and patience :D

Igor,

Thanks for the information. Hopefully I can help you out as well with your Hien Build.

I have various plastic sprue. strip, rod, tube etc. I use it quite often in my builds. If you have a look at my Typhoon build I used some plastic card to create the air intake surround along with some very thin brass sheet which worked great.
I use it if I have to but if there is a ready made solution I often go for that as my job and family keep me quite busy and my modeling time is limited so I have to make the best of it when I get it.

cheers,
Dave.

Guys,

I am about to start on the cockpit and have some references of KI-61 cockpits but have found that many of these pictures are of a Captured Ki-61 outfitted with a number of American gauges. For instance i have a number of pictures showing an oxygen regulator on the right side of the cockpit but this was actually an American regulator installed after the war. I found some good information on the 78th Sentai website but accurate pictures of the right side of the cockpit are very few and far between. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave.

Maybe this can help.. the pic source .. the net...

ki61hien cockpit.jpg

Last edited:
You are welcome. :)

Also I would like to pay your attention to the fact that there were two variants of the indicator panel... pic source : the Internet.

this one for the early Ki-61-I :

Ki-61 Hien cockpit panel.jpg

and the one for late Ki-61-I and Ki-61-II

Ki-61 Hien cockpit panel1.jpg

Maybe this can help.. the pic source .. the net...

View attachment 255674

Wojtek,

Thanks for the posting. I have this graphic as well and its not accurate. The oxygen connections on floor of the right side wall are missing. The rest of it looks pretty accurate though I don't see the seat adjustment level on the left side of the seat. You can just make it out in the picture I posted.

Here's a pic of what again looks like the captured Ki-61 (note the english subtitles written below some guages) often photographed with American guages added. I have indicated where the correct oxygen connections are. it's a good picture(courtesy of Igor) but sadly pics like this seem to be prevalent at the moment.

top ki61 cockpit comments.jpg

Last edited:
And here I found a series of a Ki-61 cockpit shots. It is with the one you posted above. The source ..the Internet.

Ki61 cockpit1.jpg

Ki61 cockpit2.jpg

Ki61 cockpit3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back