A few more future releases.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

87B1cowling.jpg

87B2cowling.jpg

Forgot to mention that the new Revell 1/72nd scale Halifax MkIII has slipped almost unnoticed onto the hobby shop shelves. Price is around £25, depending on source, and should be a welcome addition to the RAF bomber line-up - the only other MkIII is the nearly 60 year old Airfix kit.

Attachments

• RVL04936.jpg
    RVL04936.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 92
Wow, thanks for info Terry. It sure went unnoticed. Didn't know about that release at all. This will surely find a way into my stash as it's my favorite of all British heavies. I've read their earlier new tool boxing of Halifax Mk I/II had accuracy issues. Hope it's not the case with this one.

At a guess Igor, any inaccuracies in their MkI/II would be addressed with this kit. I don't think, from what I've seen, that the MkI/II was all that bad, and it's just a shame they didn't release the MkIII earlier, when I could have used it for the diorama I did a couple of years back.
A 1/48th scale kit would be very welcome !

Hobby Boss have released a few new 1/48th scale kits, including a Me-262 and Fw-190D, and one for Jan, a SAAB J-29F Tunnan. All priced around £23.

For what I've read, I'm sticking with the Pilot Replica SAAB J29....to correct the H/B, you'll end up spending as much money as the Pilot Replica kit cost anyway....
D*rn all them new kits! :lol:

Given that the chap's measurements are more or less correct, then that's an odd scale - or more likely, the right scale, but wrong size model !
Puzzles me why kit manufacturers, after spending so much on design and tooling, can get things so wrong - some of them consistently so !
But then, if it looks right, and is more or less accurate, then I don't grumble about the odd, hard to spot 'wrong' rivet line, or prop blade that is a scale 10 mm 'out'.
Just read a review of the new Revell Halifax MkIII, saying how the engine cowlings etc look wrong. They look passable to me, but no one mentioned the 'Mk1 style' nose, with windows which weren't on the MkIII, or the rather odd-looking bomb bay doors !!
But again, it's another kit which, when built, with minor corrections, should 'look right', so no problem - apart from why not get it right in the first place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back