Airventure 2019

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Micdrow

“Archive”
Aug 21, 2006
Wisconsin
Well mark your calendars, looks like a pretty good year for warbirds of all years so far. Check out his from Air venture website.

March 28, 2019 - A roster of the most legendary American military aircraft in history, from iconic World War II airplanes to today's most sophisticated flying machines, will be flying and on display this summer at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2019.
EAA's activities are being planned in conjunction with the U.S. Air Force Air Combat Command, EAA Warbirds of America, and individual aircraft owners. The activities will take place throughout the week, with some special programs designated for particular days during AirVenture's seven-day run.
Among the events involving past and present military aircraft are:
  • Aircraft from the USAF Air Combat Command, including fighters such as the F-15, F-16, F-22, and F-35, as well as the A-10 attack aircraft;
  • The first Oshkosh appearance of the unique XP-82 Twin Mustang, which has been under restoration in Georgia;
  • A salute to World War II ace Bud Anderson, with every flying P-51 in the U.S. invited to Oshkosh to participate;
  • A gathering of U.S. Navy fighter aircraft, including F4U Corsairs, the gullwing fighters that were a key asset in the Pacific Theater;
  • Observance of the 75th anniversary of D-Day, with aircraft that participated in the actual invasion on June 6, 1944, as well as C-47 airplanes that will have just returned from a historic anniversary flight to France;
  • U.S. Air Force Heritage Flights and U.S. Navy Legacy Flights involving historic and modern aircraft in formation, highlighting the legacy and evolution of military aircraft.
"Oshkosh is known for being a collection of aircraft and people that is unmatched anywhere in the world, and that will again be the case in 2019," said Rick Larsen, EAA's vice president of communities and member programs, who coordinates AirVenture features and attractions. "We are grateful to the U.S. Air Force and the Air Combat Command for their assistance and to the EAA Warbirds of America to make possible these kinds of activities, for which AirVenture is known and eagerly anticipated each year."
More details, such as arrival and flight days for specific aircraft, as well as forums and evening programs, will be announced as they are finalized.

I am very much looking forward to this year's event. I have missed the last two years. My main reason for attending Airventure is for the P-51 Mustangs. I am hoping for a large turnout of P-51s this year and if I am lucky I might get to photograph a few that I have not seen in person before.
DSC_0174_02.JPG

Well warbirds in review schedule out for this year. Don't think I have seen a Fairy firefly before so should be something new.

Monday
10 a.m. de Havilland Mosquito
Rod Lewis and Steve Hinton

1 p.m. Fairey Firefly
Eddie Kurdziel

Tuesday
10 a.m. T-28 and T-34 70th Anniversary
Aircraft Owners

1 p.m. P-51 Mustang Old Crow
C.E. "Bud" Anderson
Jack Roush and Jim Hagedorn

Wednesday
10 a.m. Grumman F6F Hellcat and Grumman F8F Bearcat
Rob Collings - Collings Foundation, Warren Piestch - Dakota Territory Air Museum

1 p.m. Douglas A-1H Skyraider
Roger Youngblood - Cavanaugh Museum

Thursday
10 a.m. P-51 Mustang Lopes Hope 3rd
Don Lopez Family, Smithsonian representatives Eric Trueblood & Warren Pietsch

1 p.m. Corsairs
Jim Tobul

Friday
10 a.m. XP-82 Twin Mustang
Tom Reilly, Lt. Col. Ray Fowler

1:30 p.m. Aircraft TBD
Dick Rutan

Saturday
10 a.m. Douglas C-47 Placid Lassie
Normandy Anniversary trip participants

1 p.m. North American P-51C Mustang Red Tail
Col. Charles McGee, Lt. Col. Harold Brown, Lt. Col. George Hardy
CAF Red Tail Squadron

Sweet! Enjoy, guys. I had to make the unenviable choice of either Oshkosh or D-Day anniversary and I chose the latter, so will miss the show.

Yup, especially since I have a mate going over from Australia. I really want to see the two B-29s in the air, so I do expect photos, please.

I will try Grant but can't promise anything. Last time they had both there they where so spread apart it was hard to get pictures of them together in the air. Also sounds like Doc will mainly be in Appleton Wi due to them giving rides most of the week. Will give it a shot though.

I am very much looking forward to this year's event. I have missed the last two years. My main reason for attending Airventure is for the P-51 Mustangs. I am hoping for a large turnout of P-51s this year and if I am lucky I might get to photograph a few that I have not seen in person before.View attachment 534935

Not gonna lie, I love mustangs but by the end of the week I get sick of them. Good chance you'll see about 20-30 of them. Also I heard there was an H or K model coming this year

Morning Jeff, not sure when I will get out there, right now I am one of the 110000 people out of power, lucky I have a generator but have to get up every 2 hours to fire up for aquarium and fridges, they say a couple of days before power back. Neighborhood looks like a war zone. Lots of trees down. Let you know more when I do. Good luck out there sounds like a ton of water on the field

Morning Jeff, not sure when I will get out there, right now I am one of the 110000 people out of power, lucky I have a generator but have to get up every 2 hours to fire up for aquarium and fridges, they say a couple of days before power back. Neighborhood looks like a war zone. Lots of trees down. Let you know more when I do. Good luck out there sounds like a ton of water on the field
I have seen some.pictures and certainly the camp grounds in some.areas are under water. They shut down the airport yesterday to arrivals if they were to be parked on grass.the lineup.of RVs and campers.yesterday stretched the whole way between Hwy 41 exits.113 and 114 and who knows how far into the airport itself.

Good luck with getting your power back soon,i know what it can be like without hydro. We lost ours for 5 days a few years back...in December. Small generator and the wood stove kept us in the house and just ahead of the curve so to.speak.

Sunday arrival day should be very busy so I am hoping for clear skies and no more bad weather.

Take care of family.and the homestead first. Airplanes will be here for.the whole week.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, got power back this morning, still no phone or internet. Trying to get things ready for airventure. Eric is in town as well. Hope to get out there tomorrow. Not sure how things going out there.

All the best

Paul

Just got internet and main phone lines back today. Looks like we got sandwiched between two tornadoes. An E-0 and E-1. Really made a mess in the area but was able to spend a couple of hours at Airventure today. A few pictures to get you guys going.

DSC_0168.JPG
DSC_0170.JPG
DSC_0317.JPG
DSC_0352.JPG
DSC_0355.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back