Airventure 2019

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cant believe tomorrow is already my last day.

20190723_195842.jpg

Cheers,
Jeff

Just got home, spent 15 hours out there today with Eric and my son, back tomorrow but here is a few teaser shots I took for day 2. Only 5 more days to go.

First one Heritage flight of P-51, A-10, F-22 and lastly F-35
Second one F-82 or twin mustang
Third one B-29 Doc
And last one Mosquito that was newly restored in New Zeland

DSC_0218.JPG
DSC_0242.JPG
DSC_0287.JPG
DSC_0483.JPG

Last edited:
Couple more, I took these at the Appleton airport before heading to Oshkosh this morning.

View attachment 545676View attachment 545677
The PBY is the CWH bird that showed up Monday but had the nose gear fail to come down. They flew over Oshkosh and had a visual.confirmation from the tower. They went out over the lake to work on it and we never heard any more. Now I know where it is. They got her down and I guess chose Appleton for repair location. Their guys can fly commercial to/from there and perhaps that is why they chose Appleton instead of Oshkosh.
Just a guess on my part.

Jeff

The PBY is the CWH bird that showed up Monday but had the nose gear fail to come down. They flew over Oshkosh and had a visual.confirmation from the tower. They went out over the lake to work on it and we never heard any more. Now I know where it is. They got her down and I guess chose Appleton for repair location. Their guys can fly commercial to/from there and perhaps that is why they chose Appleton instead of Oshkosh.
Just a guess on my part.

Jeff

Talking with some people that work in the warbirds area it had hydraulic failure and are waiting on parts. Supposedly Dimond Lil and Fifi are flying out of there for rides. I will try and stop by tomorrow morning and get some shots before heading back to Oshkosh.

Paul

Nice shots Paul - and blue sky, unlike Duxford !!

Thanks Terry, yeah yesterday was a beautiful day with high of 75 and large fluffy clouds. Feel sorry for Eric today, got super hot today and he is in a tower shooting with very little breeze. We left early as we will be going back for tomorrow's airshow and well trying to rest up for the next 3 days which are supposed to be even hotter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back