Airventure 2019

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Before leaving Oshkosh today I visited with the CWH folks who had brought their new C-47 down.
In late 1944 and early 45 my Uncle Keith Hunt flew 5 missions in this exact aircraft while both he and the aircraft were with 437 Squadron RCAF.
My request for a chance to stand where my Uncle once sat some 75 years ago was enthusiastically granted.
I apologize for the lousy quality of the photo but it is a picture of the picture on the display of my camera.
I cant begin to describe how amazing the whole thing was.

20190724_124057.jpg

Cheers

Jeff

I just started a new thread on this show. I didn't see this one going since I guess April. I just wanted to say for all you "fly-outs" if you need a breather on your way home we have an airport in Aurora IL. :)

Having said that, great thread!

Thanks guys, just go home, 8:30 pm here, still need to clean up and stuff but what an awesome day. Mosquito and firefly flew today along with spitfire and well 18 Mustangs lined up on the run way and revved there engines for WWII Ace Bud Anderson who was on the field and then took to the sky along with at least 10 or more DC-3 or C-47's along with a host of other aircraft. Got to get up at 5 am for Navy Day so here are a few from Day 4. O yes, also the Thunderbirds showed up after hearing that the Blue Angles stopped by.

Enjoy

DSC_0202.JPG
DSC_0622.JPG
DSC_0626.JPG
DSC_0656.JPG
DSC_0763.JPG

Last few for now, need some sleep. The gentleman in the jeep is Col Bud Anderson and Triple ace taxing with a Mustang painted in his planes colors. The blue and yellow mustang belonged to Paul the founder of EAA and was fired up and taxied after sitting in the museum since 2001. The reenactors in there jeeps along the flight line and a F-22 with its weapons bay open.

Enjoy and I am off to bed.

DSC_0268.JPG
DSC_0374.JPG
DSC_0577.JPG
DSC_0666.JPG
DSC_0692.JPG

Thanks every one, moving a little slow today, Yesterday started out nice and turned to rain for the airshow. After talking with my son we stopped going as of today even though 2 days left. Very tired and very sore. Starting to go though more pictures now but for now here is one from yesterday. I found this one funny as I never did anything to this picture except reduce it in size. I just barely fit it in the view finder LOL.

DSC_0022.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back