**** DONE: GB-59 1/48 Grumman F6F-5 Hellcat (Late) - WW2 PTO V

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Mojo back again thanks to the very kind offer of Karl rochie rochie Did some final painting and some decals before starting to pack up for camp. It can't be seen in the photo but the Eduard decals refuse to sit into the panel lines and even with careful pressing, air is still trapped under the clear areas. To date I've used Microscale and Mr. Mark. When I get home next week I'll bring out the needle and my always faithful, dwindling bottle of Pollyscale. Man I miss this stuff. Anyhoo...left side done for now

IMG_2851.JPG

Camp bus in five hours, night shift. Have a good week gentlemen

I keep looking at the picture postings and struggle with a superlative that fits. But 'SHARP' sure fits this build. Clean and clear of distracting detail. Maybe I should wait for the **FINISHED** posting??

I keep looking at the picture postings and struggle with a superlative that fits. But 'SHARP' sure fits this build. Clean and clear of distracting detail. Maybe I should wait for the **FINISHED** posting??
That's what I do, if only to conserve superlatives.

Thanks all. Work sucked. The badly needed rain created muddy chaos on the roads. On the last night my idiot boss wanted me to grade a dump which I thought the trucks would be hauling excess ore to. The floor was basically embedded exposed boulders and it kicked the living crap outta me. On my last pass I managed to hook a boulder and expose it. I couldn't leave it as was as it was very pointy and would damage a tire. We lost 12 tires last month at 42,000$ a pop so I had to dig it out which took about 10 minutes. Once I had it out I was staring at a 4 foot boulder. Pondering how to move this without damaging my machine, a D10 dozer pops out of nowhere so I gets on the radio and ask him to remove my small planet; easy peasy. Anyhoo....tother side done.

IMG_0003.JPG

And now we wait......

Thanks gents. Doing little thangs. Screen and decals added to the cowling before I forget to add the screen. Wheels done; the dry brushing shows up better in real life

IMG_0001.JPG

Propeller done and drying. Will clear coat and decal shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back