**** DONE: Unofficial Bf 109-x GB: 1/48 Bf 109G-10

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alrighty, stuff done. Sprayed on Vallejo 71.046, Pale Blue Grey, masquerading as RLM76. I might be able to get one of the top colours on before the bus tomorrow

IMG_2942.JPG

EDIT: 22 minutes later. The sharp eyed viewer might notice a grey blob in front of the tail wheel. There was a 1²mm hole there and I figured this would be a good place to test drive the Mr. Surfacer. I put a good size blob there about five minutes before I sprayed the underside. I just went down and following one tutorial, I got some Q-Tips and 99% IPA, I started rubbing the excess off. Worked fantastic

Last edited:
That looks good George though I must confess that when I first looked I though you had gone nuts, my thinking 'that's not blue grey, its silver.' Then I realised I was only looking at the wings. :facepalm::facepalm::D

Trying to do catch up, been a busy month already with much more distraction to go, but this is really looking good.

Your (I've probably asked this before!!) primer of choice? I have been 'trying' to use the Vallejo line (white/grey/black) with all wanting to go on to dry. My last application (on my UGB 109 build) started to chip off, so looking for an alternative that plays well with Vallejo finish colors.

Trying to do catch up, been a busy month already with much more distraction to go, but this is really looking good.

Your (I've probably asked this before!!) primer of choice? I have been 'trying' to use the Vallejo line (white/grey/black) with all wanting to go on to dry. My last application (on my UGB 109 build) started to chip off, so looking for an alternative that plays well with Vallejo finish colors.
Re the chipping off Ralph, do you wash the model in warm mild soapy water while still on the sprue. This removes a resin from the plastic that can prevent the paint from sticking nicely. :D

Re the chipping off Ralph, do you wash the model in warm mild soapy water while still on the sprue. This removes a resin from the plastic that can prevent the paint from sticking nicely. :D
Usually. yes. I have to think back on this Tamiya build though, I might not have? But I always do a wipe down with IPA and a Q-Tip after handling on all builds just before paint applied.

I thing out of the 100 or so models I've built, I washed the plastic once. There was a very noticeable film on it. Other than that, I tend to wash my hands before handling but only after eating

Users who are viewing this thread

Back