Doras Galoras - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

IIRC all the EE stuff was printed before that new photo surfaced...

I was rather surprised though that the D-11, 220017 was mistaken as 220012 in EE vol.2, I was aware of 220017 years before vol.2 was published, just goes to show that sometimes the pics that nail a subject don't always get in to the right hands till it's too late...

This evening I am setting aside a couple of hours to finish the engine plug and start test fitting that and the cockpit to the fuselage halves

I am a thinking this may not be fun, but i plan to hide the glue in a different room and give it the time it needs ...

I guess in the case of EE, 220017 must have slipped through the cracks - as for 500666, even in the Ta 152 book, its still reported as a 3./JG 301 a/c, despite 3./JG 301 never operating the Dora. At least in the case of the EE decals, its not an issue...

well after a lot of time fiddling and swearing and looking puzzled the 2 halves are together

the fit for the lower wing looks ok

in the end i cheated a bit, i seperated the rear firewall from the engine plug and the more forward of the 2 bulkheads and put the insides in in 3 chunks rather than 2 ... This seemed to give me a bit more wriggle room as i could use a toothpick to move things about the odd mm

obviously not a option for people like andy who add the extra detail and need it all to be super neat > i am building mine closed up i think as i dont want to push my luck lol

will take some pics later when the clamps etc come off

little thing gave him both hands, I usually give klear

IMG_0333_zps7e6a41b0.jpg

IMG_0334_zps8eaf98cb.jpg

IMG_0335_zpse62bb5d5.jpg

Ok well I have to say this Eduard 190 is pushing me to the edge of my rookie skill level. Sealing up the fuselage turned out to be pretty easy compared trying to get the wing together ...

Then lining the two up.. ugh

Sorry there arent many pics , I was a bit engrossed and anyway the results arent all that ...

So heres the fuselage together and the wing offered up for its 20th or so dry fit .. Getting to the stage where I am not sure its gonna get a lot better

20131.jpg

Heres how the top looks and you can see my first ever efforts with the PE

Didnt get on so well with the tiny little handles you are meant to add on, just couldnt see how you can position something so small, so thats another something to research and practice ...

201304.jpg

I managed to improve the topside joins you see there in unglued form once the cement was there to hold them in place

And another underneath shot, not too much filling needed i think

2013040.jpg

Next job will be to add some more details to the bottom of the plug that i left out to aid alignment , and tidy and paint the wheel wells and make some new canons which i left out for now as they would have got broken

Thats deffo a challenging bit of plastic for me

Last edited:
You did well to get to that stage Dave. It is definitely a tricky kit.

not sure how i would have got on if I was aiming to have everything open ... Theres some lovely detail in the kit but also some odd design decisions that seem to make it way trickier than necessary to put things together ...

also the plastic is thinner / softer than some so its easy to introduce warps and bends..

its certainly keeping me thinking , i may have to build a tamiya something next to calm down lol

For me the wing cannon covers were the toughest part of the Eduard Kits - you really need to think ahead, then spend a while sanding, test fitting, sanding, rescribing, test fitting, etc, else you're in for a nightmare of filler and weird countours and hair pulling frustration... And even then, the hair pulling frustration is not guaranteed to be over come... Maybe I was lucky, in that I shave my head, thus have no hair to pull and am slightly exempt from this? ;)

D

Echo Dan's comments on the gun hatches.

Sand and prefit like you've never sanded before :)

Think I ended up with a mere wafer of plastic left before they sat even remotely in the hole.

Oh aye, growing an extra arm helps too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back