Hurricane Katrina and Me...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Who said anything about military??? :D

Yeah, in a way I did mean roll call.

I did pretty well compared to the people on the coast...That was a huge mess. I dont see how they could have screwed up so badly with the evacuations.

Oh, and by the way, Lank you're CRAZY! :lol:

It got screwed up because the Government got cought with there pants down thats why. They showed that we have some problems that are real bad and need to be fixed like now!

I finally got some sort of report on some freinds from our church and the aid they are trying to do in Louisiana.............and then off to Mississippi from what I hear. A small group but at least someone from my state is trying to help those that need it :

EMT (Emergency Missions Team)

Our first EMT team left October 14 for Slidell, Louisiana. After some ticket problems five members left on Friday. Seven others left on Sat.Oct.15 and flew into in Houston. They had to be picked up by another teammate who drove 8 hours to pick them up. I spoke with Darren Engle the team leader today by phone and he said that the devastation was much worse than what was shown on TV. They saw parts of Mississippi, New Orland's and Louisiana. Darren said, "Our primary jobs will be removing fallen trees and brush from peoples homes. We will also be removing furniture, clothing, bedding, sheetrock, and carpet in preparation for the homes to be rebuilt. We are working with a group called Hilltop Rescue from California. This group has been fantastic! Please pray for strength, travel plans, health, safety, and ministry opportunities. We hope to extend Love and light not only to the people of Slidell, but also to other volunteer workers and church members we will be working along side with."

Our team will also be meeting with two other River Valley members, Cindy Hubbard and Jackie Hamilton. They are site managers for the Red Cross in Louisiana, and only stationed 8 miles away from our team. Darren said the girls would take a couple of days off and come work with them. I spoke with Cindy on Monday and she said that they were feeding 10,000 people a day! Yes, you read it right, 10,000!

Our second team will be leaving Thursday, October 20 and returning Nov 4th. Darren also said that they need Husqvarna chainsaw parts, such as blades and bars. He will send an updated list soon. If anyone would like to donate any of these items, please bring them to the church office.

E ~

Things are still in the demolishing phase, all across the coast... Traffic is a nightmare... Im on my third insurance adjuster, waiting on my check... Its getting colder.... Wife has skin cancer... Son just got carbon monoxcide poisioniing.... My neck hurts....

Just peachy I suppose...

Damn Les, my best wishes for you wife and son. I you and your family get through this just fine. If they are anything like you then they tough as grit and will get through it. Best Wishes and Good Luck.

less, i'm sorry to hear you are still having troubles.
here just a note:
an eldery woman was murdered by some katrina evacuees that she sheltered

A 100 metre dash to finish line ...in other words, you'd live a fast but short life.

Dont worry weather you run or not it D will go past plenty quick enough I thought my thirties went past fast but holly crap me forties only felt like 2 years long.

Melanomas can be dodgy I know Les, but most are treated OK I'm sure everything will be fine please give your wife kind regards from me and the missus .
As for you frigging house insurance that is just total shit I got my cheque in the mail two weeks after putting in a claim for water damage it sounds like these guys are giving you the fucking run around. I bet their hoping you get fed up and start doing some remedial work yourself then they can lower their assessment. I really get the screaming ab dabs with insurance company's when you pay in for years never claim then soon as you want some help they start umming and arring over the claim. total fucking toss pots

I know I'll be repeating your words, Lee, albeit in superior writing. (Just kiddin' - I might be just like you at your age.)

Sorry to hear about, well everything les. Someone's really testing your willpower. I'm telling you, it's that sadistic son of a bitch up north ...y'know...Santa...'cos if you don't keep it nice...you ain't gettin' shit but a lump of coal for christmas.

Seriously though, hope everything gets sorted for you. I'm sure it will ...you're unlucky for havin' things happen to you ...but you're the luckiest bastard to always get out of 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back