On The Deck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i used to see them crop dust when i lived oklahoma... like ratsel said they were well below 50 feet and jockeying these things around like they were at an airshow. but then i had the chance to visit an airfield out in the texas pan handle and saw a half a dozen AG planes in various degrees of "crunched"...a little reminder that its not all fun and games.

Some ag planes are designed to crash well. When I was at Lycoming, we got an LTP-101 back from a crash. The pilot had failed to notice a (iirc, concrete) utility pole until too late, and he hit it with the spinner. This did neither the airplane nor engine much good, but the pilot did walk away, probably with damp pants, stained brown.

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg
006.jpg
007.jpg

That guy is smoking rope! I can get the first 3 for around 35.00 to 40.00 each. Look it up. The only one worth the cheddar is Vol 4. Who knows why. But he better sell it soon as I hear from the rumor mill that another publisher will be reissuing these again in 2015. So we shall see if the price gouging will stop, if even for a little while.

Been looking again at that shot of the UK-based Buchon, in its 'old' colour scheme.
OK, it might be genuine, but something doesn't look quite right to me. The photographers look out of proportion and, unless there's another aircraft following the Buchon, they're looking the wrong way!
Also, the angle of the aircraft, in relation to the taxi-way, seems to be coming across from left to right as viewed, as opposed to straight down the track. And is that slight 'ghosting' around part of the image of the aircraft an indication of a composite image?
If it is genuine, then it's a cracker of a shot !

Been looking again at that shot of the UK-based Buchon, in its 'old' colour scheme.
OK, it might be genuine, but something doesn't look quite right to me. The photographers look out of proportion and, unless there's another aircraft following the Buchon, they're looking the wrong way!
Also, the angle of the aircraft, in relation to the taxi-way, seems to be coming across from left to right as viewed, as opposed to straight down the track. And is that slight 'ghosting' around part of the image of the aircraft an indication of a composite image?
If it is genuine, then it's a cracker of a shot !

I too think it's a composite, the shadow's are wrong and the depth of field just doesn't look right

I looked at that Buchon beating up the field and it looks legitimate. What creeps me out, though, is the proximity of the port wingtip to the photographer.

Who was the genius that allowed them permission to be out there during an active display??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back