Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff guys! Evan, that looks wonderful!

I'm still thinking about having a little, fun drawing contest. Something along the lines of the Group Build where we have a few judges and a Members choice. Don't know about a prize and maybe have another icon under the siggy. But I'm inetrested.....

Sounds like an idea Chris, maybe soon end up with a art gallery here on the forum....

G'day guys...I'm calling this done!

'A Kaposzi gát' (the Kaposzi dam) - watercolour, 29.7 x 21 cm.

Hope yas like it!

STA53171.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers Dave!

In a way it is - mistakes are certainly harder to correct without ruining the work or paper!

Galleries don't like watercolours much either - I've often been told by artists and gallery owners that they're only interested in oil on canvas.

Cheers Eric, and you're right! (Have to be in a way, or we'd never improve! :) )

Btw, alot of you guys are better artists than me, and I want to get alot better. Would appreciate any advice or construcive criticisms anyone can offer on any of my work.

Cheers!

Cheers Hugh and Vic!

No photo Vic - I did a small pencil sketch noting colours (in Humbrol numbers :) ), then painted it over the next few days. We had a beautiful full moon recently too, and this was the model for the recent touch ups.

I don't think I can offer any advice other than to keep at it, Evan. Every drawing gets a little better for me, so I would assume it's the same for painting. Just set the goal to make the next one just a tad better than the last. That is how I approached photo shoots and drawings. Then one day , you look back from years before and you will see a difference.

Hey thanks Eric and Wayne, appreciate your comments!

Yep, practice is definitely the key. The drawing and painting have suffered from lack of attention the last 9 years (due to work) and I've noticably slipped. Now's catch-up time!

This is an alternate version to the previous Mosquito pastel piece. I needed to add the distant horizon to give more of a sense of height which I hope has improved this piece.

Attachments

• stalker_mossie_050712.jpg
    stalker_mossie_050712.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 130
  • stalker_mossie_05071cc.jpg
    stalker_mossie_05071cc.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 147

Users who are viewing this thread

Back