Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

this is the slightly later 14/2 from 1939,as you can see it shares the same grill and basic shape

the body shape is very similar to the wolseley 14/60 series 3 basically because they were both built in Coventry at about the same time,the Lanchester being bodied by Barker and the Wolseley by Standard steel,i have one of these awaiting restoration in my garage as well

Apologies for posting the Mossie yet again, but there are further revisions, the tail has been highlighted and the area of sky above the tail cleaned up a little.

Attachments

• stalker_mossie_100712.jpg
    stalker_mossie_100712.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 128
Maaaaan! Love the cars Evan, even if the '34 is a too modern hot rod for me, it's a badass ride! If I could draw like that, all I'd do would be retro rods, kustoms and rat rods etc., AMAZING!

Paletteone, I could look at your Mossie for hours and just get lost!

Evan, that '34 Ford is terrific, nicely done, great job on the reflections.

Lucky13, thanks for the comment.

...me too Jan! That is a superb picture mate, the more of that and others the better!

And guys... you are the greatest!
Thanks so much for all the comments and advice, and Bob for the identification and info! The grill and hood were the two things that didn't fit the Wolseley photos I'd found, I thought maybe it was a one off version. Always learning!

Erich, thanks mate, now I know what you mean. Have done this once on a NOHAB train I drew, will attach to show. Be keen to hear your opinion.
Ivett agrees with your idea too, she thinks a patch of cobblestoned road around the rear of the car (not forward of the front wheels) and a hint of an old brick house or something in the background would look good.

Matt, great advice and portfolio thanks! Haven't been able to check it all yet (you've done a TON of stuff! :shock:) but will do so

Please keep the advice, ideas and any criticisms coming guys - I really appreciate it and learn from it all!

CHEERS, and here's the latest on the Lanchester (thanks Bob!) and the NOHAB M61, drawn in 2005 (the background is a collage of various railroad elements)
The radiator logo of the Lanchester is illegible btw, just shadows, hence the problem IDing.

Evan

STA53470.JPG

STA52084.JPG

Last edited:
Ah, Lanchester, of course - forgot about that one! Great stuff Evan, and Palletone.
The Mossie is looking good, but see if you can deepen the canopy if possible. It's one of the most difficult aircraft to draw or paint, especially the transition of the fuselage into, and out of, the canopy, so you've done well on this one.

its coming along nicely Evan,the hubcaps have a large L with very light speed wings at the top,if i can find some i have kicking around i'll post a pic,do you want a close up of the grill badge

Mate, thank you so much! I cannot tell you how much I apreciate that advice and support.
(and with the work you've shown here so far, no wonder you haven't looked back)

Will get a portfolio of my work happening, maybe start a thread here aswell. As for the Ferrari mag - you name the car, I'll give it a go!

I'm also EX-engineering myself btw, been doing precision hand soldering and robot welding the last 12 years.

Today's progress so far on what is almost certainly a Wolseley (thanks Terry!) - awaiting 100% ID from our classic car restorer Bob (Woljags).
The driver's window of the original is smashed and a polythene sheet taped over the entire upper door frame, hence leaving it untouched till I could find details on the net. (still in progress)

Second sketch is a '34 Ford I did in 1997. An ex-girlfriend's father built it, and it took 'Best of show' in the 1993 New Zealand national hot rod finals.

Evan

View attachment 206084

Very close to the 38 Business Coupe my dad had!

Attachments

• dad09.jpg
    dad09.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 120
Bob - thanks mate, any such pics would be greatly appreciated. The details you mentioned aren't really visible in the photo I'm working from.

Chris, that's a great looking car. Not a car nut generally, but these classics really are beautiful...

Hugh, many thanks mate!

Congrats on the decision! Now use the internet, use your contacts, use your feet. Use the Joan Rivers model for success - "I'll do anything as long as I'm paid"!

I'm envious!

Evan soften out the left headlight, fender and the rest of the left tire. yes Ivett's thoughts are like mine as to the train and the far right tree, lighten the edges to fade out and perfceto !

nice train rendition by the way .......... strong and powerful

Wish you the best of luck Evan, I'm sure that you'll do well! :thumrbright:

Btw, how much to wrestle that NOHAB diesel out of your hands, my dad would loooove that one!

Cheers guys for the well wishes and advice! Will do as you suggested Erich (thanks mate!)

Jan,the NOHAB is long gone sorry, this is a photo of a poor print of it. Would gladly do another NOHAB though if you're interested, love them!

Pic up tomorrrow of Lanchester progress, artificial light shots look terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back