Post a Pic of Your Work Station/Computer Desk...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alright, I'll post a shot of my desk here at home...and I know, it's a freakin' mess. :lol:

There's no beer in the photo, because that came afterward!

Attachments

• IMGP4984.jpg
    IMGP4984.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 596
That is a nice clean glass cockpit. They were starting to convert our Blackhawks to glass cockpits, but I got out before they reached my unit. I do not think they have reached my old unit yet...

"chase the numbers" QUOTE]

Matt, what does that mean? Want to know as Glass Cockpits are the way to go. Looks a lot better as far as IFR is concerned. However, if you loose the panel, you are well and truely screwed.

Still looking around at birds after 1.5 years. Figure I will go in the spring (prices should be lower).

Count me in. :hello2:

Hey mkloby, are the MV-22s equipped with GATM civil equipment? I was thinking about the -22s capability (speed, range, altitude, etc) and came to the conclusion that her performance might also be conducive to civil CNS needs, especially if operated in Europe. Things like ACARS, TCAS, civil VHF (118-132MHz), FANS CPDLC or ADS-C? I'm a commo geek and am wondering if the -22 is assimilating into the civil world.

Also, what is the field nickname for her? You guys still refer to her as the Osprey or something else?

This is my desk at work ... sorry... that place I go to during the day !

Attachments

• workdesk.jpg
    workdesk.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 629
Now thats a workspace!

Whats the hunk of metal on the window sill?

What window is the women's lavatory next door and can I borrow the binoculars.? :)

The hunk of metal is part of a Merlin sump / crankcase off a crashed P-51 D that my mate and I have a licence to dig / recover. Some parts from the recovery will be used in my 'Stang cockpit project.

Also on the window shelf is a 1/72 Corgi P-51D 'Gentleman Jim' and a Lockheed Tristar...done many miles in them, wondefull buses !.

The binoculars cause havoc at work cos whenever there's anything new or interesting out on the pan or in the overhead...there are mini thunderclaps of sound as the air rushes into the space where people were sat as they scrabble to grab the bino's for a better looksee !!!. Unfortunately, the girlies rooms are on the other side of that hangar and even tho' I've tried putting different coloured bits of perpex over the bino's lens's, I still havent been able to convert them into X-Ray bino's, so's I can then errrrr.....ummmm.....hmmmmm!

The panel is my part of my 'Stang project. I call it my paperweight, but the rest of the office dwellers call me sad and a 'spotter', but its Ok, I can understand their jealousy. I've built this up from trawling the' bay and from various aerojumbles here in the UK but I still have some work to do do to complete it to my satisfaction. Sat on top of the panel 'mount'...some MDF I knocked up up to support the panel...is my prize possesion...a pristine, unused MK14 gunsight. I even have the original transport box the gunsight was issued with and also two packs of cilica gel dated way back !.

Next to gunsight is a P-51d fuel selector back plate mounted and used as a pen set. Got this from Pioneer Aero Services at GOML 2007.

The tinwork is where I have started to make the panel surround.

The big Mustang model is.....a big Mustang model (21 Century Toys) that I picked up from a Wall Mart for $6.00...yup, six bucks ! also during my visit to the States for the GOML 2007.

Sat on top of the monitor is a Wessex (Choctaw), a B-17 and a Black Widow..both micro machines.

Hidden inside the panel mount is an original NAA gunsight mount, still in primer and resplendant with the NAA inspectors stamps, an original rudder trim knob, a Mag switch and a few other bits 'n' pieces.

There should be some progress on my project this next few eeks so I'll start up a thread on later.....then I can get my desk top back !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back