**** DONE: 1/48 Nakajima B6N2 - OOB (Out of Box) unofficial GB-2015. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Name: Jeff Hunt
Username: Jeff
Kit: Hasegawa B6N2 Tenzan Type 12 (Jill) Kit # 09061
Scale 1:48
Out of the Box.

Cheers,

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
This one has been sitting about for a bit and is my choice for my first build for this GB.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Missing numbers were used on the started and stalled B-24

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

I am looking forward to this build as this kit, which I picked up 2nd hand for $25.00 Cdn. is probably the most detailed kit I have attempted.

I have ordered canopy masks but this will not stop me from getting started soon.

Cheers,

Jeff

This is a real nice Kit Jeff, only thing I did not like about it was the fantastic interior is mostly hidden once the fuselage closes in around it.

I can see what you are saying Wayne. Tons and tons of interior detail but very tightly wrapped by the fuselage thereby hiding a good deal of it. Alas, this is another kit where one may have to satisfy oneself with knowing what one did inside even though it may not be visible.

Cheers,

Jeff

I have started in on this project and as usual I have started with the cockpit. It is about half finished.

I started by drilling out the holes in the seat back of the pilots chair. The instrument panel and the navigators position have also been started.

The sidewalls are pretty much complete as well.

Still a bit to do in the office of this ship but I like the way she is coming together so far.

I have tried to make her look a little bit worn and weary inside and I have also apllied, for the first time ever, a bit of a black wash to dirty her up a bit as well.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Spent the better part of the afternoon at the bench plucking away and have now finished for the day having reached the part where the fuselage halves were joined. This baby fits like a glove, not an O J Simpson glove, but a real nice, soft supple leather one.

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

Cheers,

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back