1/32 Tamiya P-51D MUSTANG

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys got more painting done much more to do.

001.JPG

Good stuff. I like the scuffed 'anti-slip' coating, showing the plywood floor beneath - nice touch, often missed on models.
If this is going to be ETO - based, then don't forget the yellow tape around the 'basic six' instruments, if it can be done at this stage.

Thanks guys it was time to take a break from the tanks and get this one done Terry I didn't think the RAF had the yellow stripe on the I.P.
my mistake.

Oops! Sorry, I forgot it was RAF.
Although I heard from one RAF Mustang pilot that although one of his aircraft had the tape, it wasn't, as far as he knew, standard practice, and he thought his example had the tape applied State side, or perhaps in the UK before transfer to the RAF.

I just caught up with all of this build. Very nice work so far Jerry. I'm working on the Tamiya P-51D myself. I plan to make mine with the filletless tail and in the markings of "Passion Wagon" or Moon Mullins' P-51D both of these I'm going to eventually build, I'm just debating which one I want to make first.

Good work Jerry!

Happy Modeling,
Brady

Users who are viewing this thread

Back